Gtx 580 to slow for this game ?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Game
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
November 8, 2012 8:21:15 AM

I have a GTX 580 DirectCUII 1.5gb gfx card and runs fine in all my games at max settings. I went out and bought the new need for speed most wanted and have tested the game on max and it seems to be lagging. When imin the open with not much to buffer its fine but when im racing and there are more details to load etc i seem to lag.... I have opened ASUS GPU Tweak and i let it monitor my gfx card while i play and it seems the gpu usage only ever gets up to 69% ( the highest it got ) and the highest temp was 60c. The card is stock so not overclocked or anything but i do seem to lag like anything when in races etc. My cpu is a amd fx 8120 which is hitting 40% usage in game and a max temp of 40c So im guessing its not my cpu ? So must be my gfx card ? Even tho its only using 69% of what it can use...

More about : gtx 580 slow game

a b K Overclocking
November 8, 2012 8:37:01 AM

Poor optimization, Blame it on Ea- The game was made for 360 and ported to PC it may never run at it full potential.
a b U Graphics card
a c 239 K Overclocking
November 8, 2012 9:21:28 AM

thequn said:
Poor optimization, Blame it on Ea- The game was made for 360 and ported to PC it may never run at it full potential.

Affirmative!

The 580GTX is not the problem!
November 8, 2012 11:04:11 AM

Thanks for letting me know everyone. Im guessing 580s should play pretty much anything on max ??? I have noticed every game i have tryied it can run them maxed out.
!