Dvd movie won't play

zandril

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hi everyone my first time on the forums and i apologize if the question is in wrong section not sure where it would be most appropriate to put it in. My issue is that i have a dvd movie that won't play anymore. It will not play on my dvd player and when i put it into my computer to see whats going on my computer doesn't detect the disc at all. The movie is not something that i burned i bought it and the disc has like no scratches pretty much perfect condition if anyone has any idea whats going any advise would be appreciated. Thank you

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
All I can say is that I bought a dvd from a bargain bin and it worked fine, but then it stopped working for no apparent reason. Looking really closely at the disk, I noticed that there was like a 'dull' area inside the disk from the middle outward. No scratches or anything else.

I don't know if this was the disk material coming apart or what but it was barely noticeable and I am pretty sure it was causing the disk not to read anymore.

I am not sure if this is happening to you or not, but you may want to look very closely at the area under the clear layer of the disk.

Hope that this helps.