Is a 120gb SSD for my MacBook pro enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykyboom

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hello, I wanna buy a SSD but 240gb ++ SSDs are much more expensive. So im planing to buy a 120gb SSD. I normally use my MacBook pro for : web browsing, photo editing, iTunes, some games, and maybe Xcode. Is it enough?

Please give me answers. Thank you :)

Solution
It depends how many photos and music files you plan to carry around, and only you know how much that'll be. If you've got a 60gb iTunes collection like me, forget about it. If you're only going to be carrying a few hundred songs and pictures, though, go for it. Also, what kind of games are you talking about? Serious modern games (Battlefield, Just Cause, etc) can eat up 20gb apiece, and that will also run through your space.
It depends how many photos and music files you plan to carry around, and only you know how much that'll be. If you've got a 60gb iTunes collection like me, forget about it. If you're only going to be carrying a few hundred songs and pictures, though, go for it. Also, what kind of games are you talking about? Serious modern games (Battlefield, Just Cause, etc) can eat up 20gb apiece, and that will also run through your space.

Solution

ykyboom

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Thanks, I'm probably gonna put about 300-400 songs, game? Mac is not for serious gaming so I changed my mind, not serious games. I'm gonna put quite a lot of photos.

Surly the sensible thing to do is to look at how much space you using now........ think about how you anticpate your usage will change... factor that in (i.e. if you think you will double the amount of songs/phots etc.... find out how much of each you using now and double it)... assume your apps will be upgraded with one that are a bit more bloated...... give yourself a bit of contingency.... and voila
you have your answer which is probably about 1000 time more accurate than asking us.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.