Can you connect tv and computer with hdmi cable then stream tv and search intern

LiLee

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Hi:

I have connected my Sony Vaio to Westinghouse LCD tv using HDMI cable. Is it possible to view tv show on tv and search the internet on laptop at the same time? If so, how do I need to set up? I am running Vista Home Premium, IE 8.

Thank you so much.

multiscreenz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Actually yes! It's very easy! Just hook the HDMI to the TV and then go into your Display Settings in the control panel.
Extend the desktop to the second monitor and viola! If you let me know what Operating System you are using,
I will give you an exact walkthrough of the settings. Good Luck!

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not sure it's quite that easy. I think a lot of it depends on what program the OP intends to use for watching TV and what graphics solutions the OP has installed.. Just as a test enabled the secondary monitor for my setup as an extended monitor. I started Windows Media Center (I'm running Windows 7 however) and took it out of fullscreen mode. It moved easily enough to my secondary monitor, but when I reset it to fullscreen mode, I could not get my mouse back to my primary screen. There may be a work around for this or maybe windowed mode is ok for the OP, but these things, I do not know.

-Wolf sends

LiLee

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010

Hi:

I changed settings previously to extend desktop to second monitor (den pnp monitor on nvidia... , 1280 x 800 pixels , 32 bit)

The operating system is Vista home premium 32bit

I truly appreciate your help and am looking forward to having this fixed tonight!!

LiLee

LiLee

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Hi:

I changed my settings to fullscreen mode and after restoring down and dragging the window over to the 2nd monitor (tv screen) I had success!! Now my only problem is that I cannot seem to keep the window/tv show on the tv screen in full screen mode. Even when not using the 1st monitor/computer, the picture on the tv screen will periodically go out of full screen mode and always does so when using the computer and using the touchpad.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
LiLee