Problem getting my computer to start after being off for a while

Billiam1985

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Good evening every one. Ive been experimenting lately with my computer and over clocking and I've run in to a problem I can't figure out. I've read most of the guides I've found and understand the basics of what I'm doing. When ever I get a decent speed OC going (3.8+ for my i5 760.) I experience problems getting the computer to start up after sitting off for a while.

Last night I used the settings
21x
185 blk
1.3 vcore and 1.3 IMC to get a 3.9 ghz speed

My idle temps were about ~40

I passed 20 runs of IBT and 5 hours of OCCT where the peak temps I got were 71 degrees on 1 core.

In my opinion this is pretty stable and the PC is running great.

I've always had this problem and thought maybe it was my power supply (which died last night) so I wanted to replace it with my new corsair TX750 but it still does the same thing. I shut down the computer through windows and left it while I was at work for 10 hours. When I got home and tried to fire it up, the fans and HDDs would spin and the lights would be on for 20-25 seconds but not monitor signal or anything. Then it would turn of for a few seconds and then try again. The only way I can get it to reboot is to remove the motherboard battery and go to default settings.

Anyone have any ideas? This seems kind of dumb for a computer that runs otherwise pretty much perfect while OCed. I know I could just leave it on but that's kind of impracticable to not be able to shut it down in case I wanted to move it or lan somewhere.

Here are my specs:
P7P55D-E LX Mobo
i5 760 Cpu
8 Gigs gskill 1600 mhz
Corsair TX-750 PSU v2
2 WD 1 TB HDDs 7200
h50 Cooling
5 case fans

Billiam1985

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I had this problem and posted a long time ago about it and someone recommended changing the CMOS battery.. why would they do it. Someone also asked about my ram voltages. I had them at 1.5 because thats what it says it was rated it. Should I run them higher?