Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbdomenator

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
So recently decided to invest into a new PC. A friend of mine and myself got together and i laid down a budget and committed to the purchase.

Anyways here is my setup:

MB: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel Series 7 Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA115), Intel Z77 Express, 1866MHz DDR3, SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 3.0, Thermal Armor

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GBx2 1600MHz

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 DD Black Edition

Power Supply: Cooler Master 850W 80 Gold+ 100% Modular

Less Valuable info on setup:

Case: Corsair 600T Graphite Series White

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 w/ a 4 fan Push/Pull Configuration

SSD: 120GB Patriot Pyro SSD x2

HDD: Seagate 3TB 7200rpm HDD

Windows 7 64 bit Professional

So my question is, I have basic knowledge of computer design and function, no expert by any means. I would like to push both my CPU and GPU at little harder for games like BF3 COD: BO2 and FFXIV: ARR(no current benchmark available at this time). So I am asking what i should be looking into doing for overclocking and best optimizing the setup i have now for current and future games. I currently only have the listed games on my SSD as well as my OS, all other programs and data stored on my HDD. I would like to push my system, but not the the point where it will wear itself out in a year or so. Any help would be great, and i appreciate any opinions where you think i could improve my current setup. Thank you for your time.

I will try to respond back to any questions in a reasonable amount of time.

P.S: Moved from PC Gaming section to this, figuring i would get more detailed feedback, thank you

Pb-

Solution
Joke->well first off you will want to cut your ram chips in half so you can use all the lanes for and not just 2<--joke

Overclocking is something you need to research and become familiar with there are many post in the sticky above this topic. If you have not spent 5 + hours reading them then It may not be something you wanna try your self. Sorry if I am discouraging you in any way I am not trying to. I am just make sure you fully understand the kinda of time and research you need to invest to do this correctly and safely.

mysteryos

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
A corsair 650W will fit your needs perfectly unless you plan to crossfire later on.

Currently Samsung 830 256gb are prone to go on sale due to the new 840 series coming into sale and resellers who are emptying their old stocks. Keep an eye on those, you are bound to save some significant money there

Go with the Sapphire Radeon 7950 instead of the XFX one. Two fans are bound to run more silently than the one.

Everything else is fine.

Pbdomenator

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012

Well this is a purchased build, currently functioning. XFX is a Double Dissipation Black Edition model, which does have 2 fans on it. Im leaning more towards seeing how i can optimize this setup. i want to over clock but cant seem to find people with quite the same build so i have something to reference before i do so.

I appreciate the info about the Samsung SSDs though, they were the alternative to the patriot due to the high read and write speeds, but at the time were about $2~5/GB higher

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
Joke->well first off you will want to cut your ram chips in half so you can use all the lanes for and not just 2<--joke

Overclocking is something you need to research and become familiar with there are many post in the sticky above this topic. If you have not spent 5 + hours reading them then It may not be something you wanna try your self. Sorry if I am discouraging you in any way I am not trying to. I am just make sure you fully understand the kinda of time and research you need to invest to do this correctly and safely.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.