that's not very convenient.

I have searched the control panel but have been unable to find where this
would be set. I have searched the MS page but no luck. I've Google'd, and
found a lot of people with the same problem, but no solutions.

I have not yet installed SP2 (I've got enough problems as it is).

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Les,

#240: Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Les Russell" <LesRussell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39D2D389-2D5D-4E7C-8A73-FD8C3C0B5AB1@microsoft.com...
Hello,

I'm not sure how I did it, but minimized programs are not showing in my
Taskbar in Windows XP. I can restore running programs by using alt-Tab, but
that's not very convenient.

I have searched the control panel but have been unable to find where this
would be set. I have searched the MS page but no luck. I've Google'd, and
found a lot of people with the same problem, but no solutions.

I have not yet installed SP2 (I've got enough problems as it is).

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I had seen this site in my travels but was nervous
about using it. Since you recommended it, I gave it a go. Also because the
fix was in .vbs I could read it first, which was comforting. Anyway, it
worked well and thanks again.

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Les,
>
> #240: Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar

> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Les Russell" <LesRussell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39D2D389-2D5D-4E7C-8A73-FD8C3C0B5AB1@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure how I did it, but minimized programs are not showing in my
> Taskbar in Windows XP. I can restore running programs by using alt-Tab, but
> that's not very convenient.
>
> I have searched the control panel but have been unable to find where this
> would be set. I have searched the MS page but no luck. I've Google'd, and
> found a lot of people with the same problem, but no solutions.
>
> I have not yet installed SP2 (I've got enough problems as it is).
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Thanks

You're welcome Les. Glad it helped!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Les,
>
> #240: Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar
<snip>