Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD & NVIDIA

Last response: in Motherboards
September 20, 2010 10:28:46 PM

Hey, all, I'm looking to upgrade my mobo at some point in the near(ish) future, but I am looking for something that supports SLI, USB 3.0, SATA III. Problem is that I have an AMD system, and per Newegg, they really don't have any systems with that hardware (Xfire support, of course, but not many supporting SLI). Anyone know of a good one, no more than $150? Here are my current specs, if it helps at all...

AMD P2 955
Antec TP750
OCZ BE 2x2gb DDR3
Cooler Master RC690
MSI N460GTX Hawk

More about : amd nvidia

Best solution

a c 235 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
September 21, 2010 12:08:03 AM

There is no Nvidia AMD chipset that supports USB 3.0 or SATA 6.0 Gb/s, as Nvidia stopled producing chipsets before these were released. Your best option is to add in PCI slot cards for each those components. If you want an AM3 board, I would go with this... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... for SLI support. Now MSI has boards that support Fusion technology, which is suppose to allow mixing of graphics cards but I don't trust it let. Also, ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme is suppose to be released some time, which should give you SLI support.
September 21, 2010 4:30:27 AM

Alright. Exactly the information I was looking for! Thanks, tecmo34. The Asus board looks smokin'. I'll keep an eye open for that, though I'm sure it'll be a good $100 outside of my (flexible?) price range.

Brandon

p.s. I was just talking with someone about the great Tecmo Bowl. Must have rented that from the local video store a dozen times when I was a kid! Ya, probably could have just outright bought it at that point, but oh well.
m
l
Related resources
September 21, 2010 4:30:33 AM

Best answer selected by brandoncatz.
m
l
a c 235 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
September 21, 2010 11:39:32 AM

brandoncatz said:
p.s. I was just talking with someone about the great Tecmo Bowl. Must have rented that from the local video store a dozen times when I was a kid! Ya, probably could have just outright bought it at that point, but oh well.
It was one of the greatest games of all times. I was a huge fan (& owner of all of them) till it died on the Playstation. :( 
m
l
September 21, 2010 1:02:39 PM

Ya, agreed. I think the one I was really in to was Tecmo Super Bowl. Not sure which console, maybe SNES. Thanks again for the response.
m
l
!