Solved

AMD & NVIDIA

Hey, all, I'm looking to upgrade my mobo at some point in the near(ish) future, but I am looking for something that supports SLI, USB 3.0, SATA III. Problem is that I have an AMD system, and per Newegg, they really don't have any systems with that hardware (Xfire support, of course, but not many supporting SLI). Anyone know of a good one, no more than $150? Here are my current specs, if it helps at all...

AMD P2 955
Antec TP750
OCZ BE 2x2gb DDR3
Cooler Master RC690
MSI N460GTX Hawk
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nvidia
  1. Best answer
    There is no Nvidia AMD chipset that supports USB 3.0 or SATA 6.0 Gb/s, as Nvidia stopled producing chipsets before these were released. Your best option is to add in PCI slot cards for each those components. If you want an AM3 board, I would go with this... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130236 for SLI support. Now MSI has boards that support Fusion technology, which is suppose to allow mixing of graphics cards but I don't trust it let. Also, ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme is suppose to be released some time, which should give you SLI support.
  2. Alright. Exactly the information I was looking for! Thanks, tecmo34. The Asus board looks smokin'. I'll keep an eye open for that, though I'm sure it'll be a good $100 outside of my (flexible?) price range.

Brandon

p.s. I was just talking with someone about the great Tecmo Bowl. Must have rented that from the local video store a dozen times when I was a kid! Ya, probably could have just outright bought it at that point, but oh well.
  3. Best answer selected by brandoncatz.
  4. brandoncatz said:
    p.s. I was just talking with someone about the great Tecmo Bowl. Must have rented that from the local video store a dozen times when I was a kid! Ya, probably could have just outright bought it at that point, but oh well.
    It was one of the greatest games of all times. I was a huge fan (& owner of all of them) till it died on the Playstation. :(
  5. Ya, agreed. I think the one I was really in to was Tecmo Super Bowl. Not sure which console, maybe SNES. Thanks again for the response.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards AMD Product