PSU shutting down randomly

bxsciencer

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
My power supply is buzzing like as though its discharging and then just completely shutting down. i have to put the plug and wait until the LED on the motherboard turns off before I can plug it in and successfully turn it on. this happens at random times, sometimes not for hours, sometimes in minutes. any idea why?

psu: CG black steel 580w. admittedly, i shouldnt have bought this, but i have, and i dont have the time to get a new one anytime soon

im pretty sure that nothing else is causing it, since this only began after one of the fans started going crazy and i took the psu apart to remove the (wrong) fan

You're risking all of the components in your system, I'd make the time to buy a new psu, preferably one of better quality.

+3 what the others said.

Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty.

kdhallu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009

Having the same problem
issue with wrong connection

call a person who know all electrical works

see that all three pins in plug (ground livewire and neautral) are in correct postion

You mean wall socket?

The only reason you might have a problem with a computer power cord is if someone replaced the plug and did it wrong. In that case, you are better off throwing it away and buying a new one.

If you are talking about the wall plug, move your computer to a different room on a different circuit to see if the problem follows.