This two motherboard look the same

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
... i was ooking for a cheap motherboard with crossfire so i found that they where some msi ones... but there is two models: the msi 770-g45 and the ms 870-g45... both are 770 chipset and they have the exactly same things... but there should be somethings thats not the same... does anyone knows???? cuase the 870 its ike $20 cheaper

Solution
Really, it is basically the same board but the 870 has Phenom II X6 support at release with BIOS and the 770 needs an update. Also, the 870 has some items listed in "Special Feature" on Newegg. With the price difference, I would go with the cheaper 870 model... IMO.

tecmo34

Administrator
Really, it is basically the same board but the 870 has Phenom II X6 support at release with BIOS and the 770 needs an update. Also, the 870 has some items listed in "Special Feature" on Newegg. With the price difference, I would go with the cheaper 870 model... IMO.

Solution

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
ok so the asus then.... and last question.... i will buy another computer too.. (this mother is for my brother...) in 2011.... i plan to buy bulldozer x4... what cooler will i need to OC it to 4ghz.... lol just awnser if its there any way to know :p or awnser me what u think wil be

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
lol i wanted it.. but in my country its very expensive and veryy veryy veryy hard to get its like $200 .... i hope ur crystall ball works fine and i can get a cheaper and better cooler :p ohhh and in my country in summer we can get a max of 40º (but thats very high lol just a very few days in summer) and in winter like 2º or something like taht so i will have to use a stove ... and i think that is bad for pc :p.... also im between silverstone rv01 and nzxt phantom (for now...we have to see if something comes out)

ohh and a question :p its good to buy a procesor when it comes out (in this case bulldozer) or its better to w8 for better models?