• Motherboards
  • Boot
  • Hard Drives
  • Devices
Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2010 1:54:30 AM

So I decided to replace my hard drive when I received the error "Reboot or Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" .... I installed the new hard drive, and I am receiving the same error... I have the Windows 7 Disk in the DVD rom and boot order is CD Rom then hard disc... is my mother board junk? Also sometimes my monitor does not get a signal to turn out.... =(

More about : reboot select proper boot device insert boot media selected

a c 78 V Motherboard
September 21, 2010 2:12:31 AM

Re-check your BIOS to be sure it is trying to boot from your ODD. I have noticed that one of my BIOS selections is "CDROM," but there is another selection for my SATA ODD showing the drive's model number.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2010 2:26:53 AM

I can't even get into bios, for some reason an HP Screen still comes up, if I even get the chance to hit F10 or ESC to get into BIOS, the computer just hangs up. Usually I wont even get that option and it will just go directly to " Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key.... "
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2010 2:46:03 AM

Computer actually isn't detecting any CD/DVD ROM or Hard Drives =(
m
l
November 5, 2010 4:22:46 AM

Quote:
Computer actually isn't detecting any CD/DVD ROM or Hard Drives =(

you sound right. the peripherals are not recognized.
i have the same message after installing windows xp pro. finished instalation, every thing is fine, just can not start again, can not get to C drive where system was installed.
m
l
Related resources
!