Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Usb power after windows shuts down

Last response: in Motherboards
September 21, 2010 3:01:17 AM

After I shut down my computer (custom built, asus m4a79xtd evo mobo, phenom II x4 965, etc) my razer megalodon is still turned on. its weird though, when i switch the megalodon usb port with my deathadders, the same problem occurs, and the deathadder doesnt stay on. so idk if its the usb port(s) or the megalodon. nothing else is on, all other peripherals are off, all other lights and fans are off, and the mobo light is green. help plz :) 
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 21, 2010 2:04:25 PM

Gigabyte has "On/Off Charge USB port", but ASUS has no such feature. During sleep mode or if Wake on mouse is enabled in the BIOS then power would continue to sense any mouse activity.

Hope that helps.
Score
December 6, 2012 4:46:08 AM

that happens with my gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H

i haven't checked the provided Amps to see if it's even worth to use as a mouse charger... but it's retarded as it leaves my mouse LEDs always on and that bothers the hell out of me.

There's no option about that on the mother board... i now turn off the PSU after a shutdown, but that's even more retarded :/ 

also, all options to wake computer are off.

any idea how to get rid of that?

also, only devices previously connected are affected. if, after the shutdown, i unplug the mouse and plug it back in, the lights go out.

and in my case it's not windows, but linux.
Score
Related resources
December 6, 2012 4:48:04 AM

found this from 2007, very relevant... but haven't found any jumpers for that on my board.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=36946

Also, there's an option on some bios to force the shutdown state (S5) to use less than 1W. on my gigabyte bios it's called "ErP" (no further explanations from the manual)... when enabled, it will disable power on USB,PS/2 and network card while powered off.

the down side (up side IMO) is that 'power on' keys on idiot keyboards won't work.
Score
December 6, 2012 2:46:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Amdfangirl
Score
!