Is ANYONE using Gforce FX5900 with T1 or T2 please?

I can no longer develop my Thief mission since upgrading to a
Gforce FX5900 card. A whole year's work wasted if I can't fix
it. I get maybe 16 color texture either brilliantly bright or
total black shadow - especially objects. I've tried the very
latest drivers and I've tried downloading older and older ones.
I've fiddled with different DirectX versions and so on. Can do
nothing with it after messing around with it since Tuesday.

I get 'cannot set screen res' no matter what I set in game and
it often crashes back to the desktop.

What I'd like to know is if ANYONE is using a Gforce FX5900
graphics card with Thief 1 or 2 please? If so, which drivers are
using? And which DirectX? And which Windows system. Any special
settings? Thanks. Any other suggestions welcome.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:25:34 +0100, Fidcal <trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net>
wrote:

>I can no longer develop my Thief mission since upgrading to a
>Gforce FX5900 card. A whole year's work wasted if I can't fix
>it. I get maybe 16 color texture either brilliantly bright or
>total black shadow - especially objects. I've tried the very
>latest drivers and I've tried downloading older and older ones.
>I've fiddled with different DirectX versions and so on. Can do
>nothing with it after messing around with it since Tuesday.
>
>I get 'cannot set screen res' no matter what I set in game and
>it often crashes back to the desktop.
>
>What I'd like to know is if ANYONE is using a Gforce FX5900
>graphics card with Thief 1 or 2 please? If so, which drivers are
>using? And which DirectX? And which Windows system. Any special
>settings? Thanks. Any other suggestions welcome.

Did you try adding the line,

safe_texture_manager

to your user.cfg file? That was all I needed to do with FX cards. Not
sure about Dromed's requirements though.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:42:21 GMT, Michael Cecil
<macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:25:34 +0100, Fidcal <trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net>
>wrote: <SNIP>
>>What I'd like to know is if ANYONE is using a Gforce FX5900
>>graphics card with Thief 1 or 2 please? If so, which drivers are
>>using? And which DirectX? And which Windows system. Any special
>>settings? Thanks. Any other suggestions welcome.
>
>Did you try adding the line,
>
>safe_texture_manager
>
>to your user.cfg file? That was all I needed to do with FX cards. Not
>sure about Dromed's requirements though.

Many thanks for this! I've spent three days fretting over the
problem. Fixed immediately with that safe_texture_manager.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 21:16:33 +0100, Fidcal <trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:42:21 GMT, Michael Cecil
><macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:25:34 +0100, Fidcal <trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net>
>>wrote: <SNIP>
>>>What I'd like to know is if ANYONE is using a Gforce FX5900
>>>graphics card with Thief 1 or 2 please? If so, which drivers are
>>>using? And which DirectX? And which Windows system. Any special
>>>settings? Thanks. Any other suggestions welcome.
>>
>>Did you try adding the line,
>>
>>safe_texture_manager
>>
>>to your user.cfg file? That was all I needed to do with FX cards. Not
>>sure about Dromed's requirements though.
>
>Many thanks for this! I've spent three days fretting over the
>problem. Fixed immediately with that safe_texture_manager.

You're welcome. :)

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/