grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Hello,
I'm planning to buy an i5-3570K CPU in about a month to finally upgrade my old Q9400 and resolve the bottleneck it caused with my 560 Ti.
Now, the thing is, my budget for cooling is around 50$ and I'm looking for a cooler that will be good enough for my CPU when OC'ed to 4.2Ghz or perhaps a bit more.
I am also gonna buy a Corsair 400R case if that matters.
Any recommendations for a good budget cooler?
Thanks in advance.

grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

..But I'm planning to overclock it, I seriously doubt that the stock cooler will manage to cool the cpu properly.
I'm basically asking for the best air cooler for about 50$.

socialfox

Distinguished
I know several users with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 and they say it cools very well and that will probably get you your overclock results. If you want better performance try the Cooler Master V6 GT. I would recommend waiting until Black Friday for buying a heatsink since I do recall they sold the V6 GT for 24.99 last year or the year before on the US part.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103089
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Edit: You are right about the stock heatsink and overclocking. The stock heatsink was designed to run at stock clocks and you can only do small overclocks with it.

grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

Thanks for the reply, the thing is that I live in Israel and these coolers aren't available here. I can buy them from eBay but then I won't have any warranty on it.
I can give you a website that shows all the available coolers in Israel and maybe you can help me choose or something.

grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

I can translate it for you.
It doesn't say much aside from pricing and where can you get this cooler.
There is the Optima version and Extreme version(which is over my budget), I also found the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO which I can afford. Which of these three would you recommend?

socialfox

Distinguished
Well honestly right now the best option would be the Hyper 212 since it does offer one of the best performance per dollars. Anyways what kind of overclocking are we doing, how far do you want to go? The hyper 212 evo can go quite far and can hold its ground with high end air coolers. Add a second fan with the extra money to do the push-pull effect.

grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

Well I'm not planning to go too far since this is an air cooler and the climate here is kinda warm.
So I reckon I'd go for a 4.2 GHz or maybe 4 GHz if the CPU gets too hot.

grach

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

Alright, thanks for the help and the quick responses :D
Have a nice day!