Overclocking 3570k

using the gigabyte z77 ds3h how far can i overclock the 3570k by ajusting base clock and multiplier? thx :)
6 answers Last reply
More about overclocking 3570k
  1. This mobo is what you have right?? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128547&Tpk=gigabyte%20z77%20ds3h

If so you can hit 4.2ghz on auto voltage & you dont wanna change the Base Clock at all that not a good thing!! you can go higher... what cooling do you have??
  2. Never use auto voltage. it will, in most cases, apply more voltage that your chip really needs.
  3. ya it doesnt increase that much on my board so some people say you can have it on auto voltage but if you wanna do a oc you can start at 1.200v & work your way up to 1.220v i'm stable at 4.2ghz on auto voltage doesnt go over 1.210v stays under!!
  4. NightHawk87 said:
    ya it doesnt increase that much on my board so some people say you can have it on auto voltage but if you wanna do a oc you can start at 1.200v & work your way up to 1.220v i'm stable at 4.2ghz on auto voltage doesnt go over 1.210v stays under!!

Sorry wrong motherboard I meant the z77 D3h not the ds3h and I will be cooling using the Hyper 212 evo
  5. I concur with Footlong, do not use Auto voltage as it applies a value way higher than is actually needed. Nighthawk that is allot more voltage than should be needed for that clock speed you should use a negative offset voltage and lower in increments till you find whats stable for you. At 4.2ghz under full load I top out at 1.096v, I know mileage may vary from chip to chip but a difference of .1 is significant.
  6. Orlean said:
    I concur with Footlong, do not use Auto voltage as it applies a value way higher than is actually needed. Nighthawk that is allot more voltage than should be needed for that clock speed you should use a negative offset voltage and lower in increments till you find whats stable for you. At 4.2ghz under full load I top out at 1.096v, I know mileage may vary from chip to chip but a difference of .1 is significant.

Ya I dont have Offset on my Mobo lol & The lowest I saw on Auto Voltage was1.096v to 1.188v to 1.210v less never went over 1.210v I saw couple people had to get 1.220v to stay stable!!! Last Night I oc my Pc at 4.5ghz at 1.290v so I'm good lol

Like I said you can leave it on Auto or Switch the voltage to 1.200v & see if that's Stable!!! If not Bump your voltage up till you find Stable for Cpu!! Test for Couple hrs on Aida64 or Prime95 & you Cpu-z watch the core voltage & Use Realtemp to Monitor your Temp dont wanna go over 95c wanna stay under!!!

& I cant seem to find the Mobo of what you have hmm it must be a good one idk lol & I wouldnt leave it on Auto either that up to you some pc are total different so it might increase alot of voltage!!! I know for sure you can hit 4.3ghz at auto voltage saw lots of people doing it but I would do a Real Overclock by changing the Voltage & find it Stable w/e oc you want!! & good Air Cooling by the way I have that on my System at 4.5ghz at 1.290v & highest temp I saw was 77 max
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Gigabyte Product