Dec 6, 2009
ok this is going to be like an essay.

1.This is my new pc(brought in april)
asus m4785tdv evo
amd phenom II 965 3.4ghz
zion ddr3 1333mhz
seagate barracuda 500gb
coolermaster 460W psu

2.The first problem was that my mouse used to freeze,thought it was a driver conflict issue but no matter how many times i
reloaded windows 7 it kept occurring.guess my ps2 port problem.

3.Then i got my new gfx card hd4670 512mb.After installing the card i began to notice these waves which ran diagonally
across the screen.. it wasnt that noticeable so i ignored it.

4.My pc sometimes restarts all by itself but its rare though.

5.Now for the last 3 days my computer screen completely (freezes ctrl+alt+del dsnt work) if i warm reboot it sometimes the screen goes black and sometimes after windows loads the screen is amm blurred and messed up.When i cold boot it the computer asks me to "press F2 to load default values" and on top its written like DDR3-1333 ram Deranged.

6.I went to the ran event viewer, under the administrative events there are loads of warnings their sources are - DNS client events,Kernel power(critical),service control manager,rtl8167.

7.My pcs date and time arent effected so its not the battery.

8.After facing so many freezes i upgraded my bios but still no help.

9.Currently using my pc without the gfx card.. but still no change

8. i dont hav a ups run it directly from the wall.

Hoping my pc is all ryt.. this is my first built n im kinda upset with the way its going.wat to do????? :cry:

Solution
Hmmm.... Nice rig with a crappy PSU. Although i am sure your PSU is ok to handle the HD4670, just to rule out the possibility, if possible, if you can get a hand on another good PSU from one of your friends you can put it in and see if the problem persists. Then post back here and tell us what happened.

Then check with different RAM's. These two could be the culprit.
Hmmm.... Nice rig with a crappy PSU. Although i am sure your PSU is ok to handle the HD4670, just to rule out the possibility, if possible, if you can get a hand on another good PSU from one of your friends you can put it in and see if the problem persists. Then post back here and tell us what happened.

Then check with different RAM's. These two could be the culprit.

Solution