Sign in with
Your question

BSOD after overclocking no matter what method I use. Please Help.

Last response: in Overclocking
November 10, 2012 7:36:30 PM

Hey guys! Just warning you I just joined the site today and I am new to all of this overclocking stuff. Anyways, I have read alot of guides about overclocking that all have different settings they recommend to start out with. I have done many differnt settings with my processor to try and overclock it and I do, but it will only work for about 10min to around an hour!! This is really annoying because this happens with whatever settings I try to set my processor through (I am doing this through my BIOS) I even tryed doing an automatic overclock that came within my bios and that doesnt even work i end up getting a blue screen. I would have thought that the overclock that the makers of the computer put in would work but nope, that doesn't even work. So if anyone could help me out that would be amazing!! I am not trying to completely overhaul my proccesor but I just want to give it a little extra boost to start out with and see how that works out. I was thinking just trying to get it around 3.3-3.6Ghz to start out.

SPECS:
Windows 7 64bit
Bios=Aurora A11
Processor-Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz 2.67GHz (not sure why it says my GHz twice? I am just copying down what is in my System Properties)
Memory-6144MB RAM
Graphics-ATI Radeon HD 5870

Thanks For Any Help in Advance

November 11, 2012 8:59:38 PM

Riley10 said:
Hey guys! Just warning you I just joined the site today and I am new to all of this overclocking stuff. Anyways, I have read alot of guides about overclocking that all have different settings they recommend to start out with. I have done many differnt settings with my processor to try and overclock it and I do, but it will only work for about 10min to around an hour!! This is really annoying because this happens with whatever settings I try to set my processor through (I am doing this through my BIOS) I even tryed doing an automatic overclock that came within my bios and that doesnt even work i end up getting a blue screen. I would have thought that the overclock that the makers of the computer put in would work but nope, that doesn't even work. So if anyone could help me out that would be amazing!! I am not trying to completely overhaul my proccesor but I just want to give it a little extra boost to start out with and see how that works out. I was thinking just trying to get it around 3.3-3.6Ghz to start out.

SPECS:
Windows 7 64bit
Bios=Aurora A11
Processor-Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz 2.67GHz (not sure why it says my GHz twice? I am just copying down what is in my System Properties)
Memory-6144MB RAM
Graphics-ATI Radeon HD 5870

Thanks For Any Help in Advance

Well, what are your methods of over clocking?

And also, do you have a stock or aftermarket cooling system?
m
l
Related resources
!