2x2.5" to 3.5" Bracket - safe to put 1xHDD and 1xSSD in one bracket?

sjh858

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hello, I just got my new PC build components in this morning... I hate my job for getting in the way of building this right now :p This being my first build I'm very excited to dig into it. I do have a question tho!

I purchased a 2x2.5" to 3.5" Drive Bracket. My idea was to mount my 2.5" SSD in there and keep it in the 3.5" drive slot as the case does not support 2.5" drives. I also have an Asus G50vt-x1 gaming laptop I purchased from Best Buy a few years ago (it is still a great computer). I installed an extra 2.5" 500GB HDD in the laptop. I was wondering if it would be a good or bad idea to mount the 2.5" HDD with the 2.5" SSD on that same bracket? I haven't physically looked at it yet but it would seem they will be sitting in top of, if not very close to each other in the same bay. If I CAN mount them in the same bracket, should I put the HDD on top or SSD? I would imagine the SSD should be on the base and the HDD should be mounted above as heat rises.

Just wanted to see what the community thought! Thanks for all the help!

The components in question:
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition RC-932-KKN3-GP ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and ...
SilverStone SDP08 3.5" to 2 x 2.5" Bay Converter
Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
And a standard 2.5" 500GB HDD.

- Steve

sjh858

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
And that is pretty safe to do? Only reason I ask is the bracket pretty much has them butted up against each other (im building it now)... not sure if I should install it or not. I just don't want to damage the SSD.

Thanks!