Your question

K9 and k10 series processor

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Processors
Last response: in CPUs
April 20, 2010 3:38:48 AM

Hello,
can u send me more information about the processor of k9 and k10 series of processor .. thanks ..

heres my account ::
rhanne_0024@yahoo.com

More about : k10 series processor

a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 4:37:02 AM

rhanne said:
Hello,
can u send me more information about the processor of k9 and k10 series of processor .. thanks ..

rhanne_0024@yahoo.com

This info is widely available. Why don't you just do a few web searches. What exactly are you looking for?
m
l
a c 127 à CPUs
April 20, 2010 5:37:12 AM

There was no K9 processor from AMD. The last one before the current line was K8. K10 is basically a modified K8.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 8:59:38 AM

Well, my understanding is that both K9 and K10 were used internally at AMD but have never been part of the public product offerings.

The K8 architecture was the last official K* series chips if you really want to get technical. Though the Phenom is colloquially referred to as "K10", that is NOT an official AMD moniker.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 5:57:43 PM

Use wikipedia
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 6:04:48 PM

rhanne said:
Hello,

rhanne_0024@yahoo.com

plus, we dont email people if they want some info....
m
l
April 20, 2010 6:26:14 PM

How about we refer to Phenom 1 as K9 and Deneb as K10 from now on? That would be much more accurate.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 7:54:18 PM

warmon6 said:
Nope, no can do and it would not be more accurate.

K10 are on the Phenom 1's and 2'.

K9 was canceled arch.

Except AMD doesn't call the Phenom K10.

And as I recall, K9 was AMD's internal code name for the X2 series.

Talk of the K9 being canceled over the years appear largely speculative.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 8:27:34 PM

FALC0N said:
Except AMD doesn't call the Phenom K10.

And as I recall, K9 was AMD's internal code name for the X2 series.

Talk of the K9 being canceled over the years appear largely speculative.

:pfff: 

K10 is the micro-architecture is what the phenom 1's and 2's are on......

m
l
April 20, 2010 10:03:02 PM

I know what K10 and whatnot is. it was a joke because Phenom 1 was a dog.

Oiy.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 11:58:59 PM

warmon6 said:
:pfff: 

K10 is the micro-architecture is what the phenom 1's and 2's are on......

NOT according to AMD. Just because everyone say it doesn't make it true.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2010 1:45:35 PM

Dekasav said:
I know what K10 and whatnot is. it was a joke because Phenom 1 was a dog.

Oiy.

Sorry about that, It sometimes hard to tell when someone joking or not though forums. Mainly you cant see/hear them to be able to tell.

FALC0N said:
NOT according to AMD. Just because everyone say it doesn't make it true.

Um, that what AMD has said to everyone directly! Why do you think everyone is saying it? If there an offical/new name to something, thats what we call it by.

We dont just start naming things right and left and ignore what the owner of (what ever item were talking about) has call it officially. it's just like with the core i7 980x. Alot of people though it would be called Core i9 due to having 2 extra cores. well when intel said it was core i7 980x, we all changed what we were calling it.

Now, what AMD calls it familly and cpu names on the Arch is entirely different.

K10:
Phenom I's:
Agena, x4
Toliman, x3

Phenom II's:
Deneb, x4
Heka, x3
Callisto, x2

Athlon II:
Regor, x4
Propus, x3
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 22, 2010 4:28:44 AM

warmon6 said:

Um, that what AMD has said to everyone directly! Why do you think everyone is saying it? If there an offical/new name to something, thats what we call it by.

Well, if your right, you should have no trouble pointing to an AMD document or official (direct quotes, not somebody saying they hear/read/saw it somewhere) showing AMD referring to a now almost 3 year old architecture as K10. I will wish you luck since AMD has not officially mentioned K anything since 2005.

Quote:
We dont just start naming things right and left and ignore what the owner of (what ever item were talking about) has call it officially.

Really? You yourself just spent 3 paragraphs basically saying "everyone is saying it, so it must be true". That argument is fallacious beyond words. A middle schooler could rebut that.

Like I said, if its so obvious, take a few moments to document the claim instead of going with the "everybody say it" nonsense.

Quote:
We dont just start naming things right and left and ignore what the owner of (what ever item were talking about) has call it officially. it's just like with the core i7 980x. Alot of people though it would be called Core i9 due to having 2 extra cores. well when intel said it was core i7 980x, we all changed what we were calling it.

This example supports my point, not yours.

People THOUGHT it would be called the I9 and it spread like wildfire. Everyone was calling it I9 it seamed. BUT when Intel unveiled its actual name, people STOPPED calling it I9.

People DID NOT stop calling the Phenom K10. Why? I don't know. But make no mistake about it, this was as speculative as the I9 was.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 22, 2010 11:25:24 PM

FALC0N said:
Well, if your right, you should have no trouble pointing to an AMD document or official (direct quotes, not somebody saying they hear/read/saw it somewhere) showing AMD referring to a now almost 3 year old architecture as K10. I will wish you luck since AMD has not officially mentioned K anything since 2005.

Quote:
We dont just start naming things right and left and ignore what the owner of (what ever item were talking about) has call it officially.

Really? You yourself just spent 3 paragraphs basically saying "everyone is saying it, so it must be true". That argument is fallacious beyond words. A middle schooler could rebut that.

Like I said, if its so obvious, take a few moments to document the claim instead of going with the "everybody say it" nonsense.

Quote:

This example supports my point, not yours.

People THOUGHT it would be called the I9 and it spread like wildfire. Everyone was calling it I9 it seamed. BUT when Intel unveiled its actual name, people STOPPED calling it I9.

People DID NOT stop calling the Phenom K10. Why? I don't know. But make no mistake about it, this was as speculative as the I9 was.

1. You'll never find everything you're looking on a companies web site. sometime you have to go to other sites to find what your looking for

2. No one is calling the arch, phenom k10. is just k10.

3. Here's a video interview about "k10" http://www.syndrome-oc.net/articles.php?article=94&lang...

Probably the reason why you couldn't find info about K10 is because AMD (for there docs) lable them as "Family 10h Processors". They also did this with there K8
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2010 2:03:07 AM

Quote:
Probably the reason why you couldn't find info about K10 is because AMD (for there docs) lable them as "Family 10h Processors". They also did this with there K8

In other words, they NO LONGER refer to it as K10.

The interview you pointed to is more than 3 years old. As I pointed out earlier:

Quote:

Well, my understanding is that both K9 and K10 were used internally at AMD but have never been part of the public product offerings.

The K8 architecture was the last official K* series chips if you really want to get technical. Though the Phenom is colloquially referred to as "K10", that is NOT an official AMD moniker.

m
l
April 23, 2010 2:13:31 AM

A name is what we call things. 9 Times out of 10 we called Phenom II: "Phenom II". However, in architectural discussions, we often refer to it as K10. Because everyone knows that, everyone understands. The name means nothing, it's just there to convey what we're talking about.

Also, K10 includes Phenom, Phenom II, and Athlon II, though I suppose we could just say, "Everything using the Stars core's' ".

Words means nothing. As such, this argument is futile.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2010 2:36:03 AM

K10 is the architecture. Similar to Intel's Nehalem. Yes, some people still refer to Core i7 as Nehalem, just like they sometimes refer to Phenom II as K10.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2010 3:19:48 AM

cjl said:
K10 is the architecture. Similar to Intel's Nehalem. Yes, some people still refer to Core i7 as Nehalem, just like they sometimes refer to Phenom II as K10.

Except that intel actually refered to a Nehalem micro architecture in official documents. K10 usage as an architecture is largely speculative. Thats a big difference.

As warmon6 correctly pointed out, "Family 10h" is really the closest AMD equivalent to "Nehalem".
m
l
!