My overclock has vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiverDave

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
I had been running my E6400 at 2.4Ghz. It used to be fine and it has been sometime since I looked on the speeds. I did it the other day and saw it was back to 2.13 so I went into the Bios and put it back to 2.4. All was good...until I rebooted and it was back to 2.13. And again and again :ouch:. I've looked around but cannot seem to find anything to explain why it won't hold the OC setting through a reboot.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Solution
if the settings in the bios have been reverting back you may have a flat bios battery. Easy to replace at your local radio electronics store.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
remove-battery.jpg

Picture of cmos battery. It is the life support for the bios.

DiverDave

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Ah completely forgot about that. It's an old computer so that is very likely the cause. I'll open it up later when I have time and get the battery kind and go get a replacement during the week

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiverDave

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Nope nevermind, went into the Bios again and now the O/C settings are there so it does seem that it was a battery issue. I tried the quick way the first time and those settings didnt seem to hold so I went back into the bios on reboot and tried again and it now has the original OC setting back

Status
Not open for further replies.