IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC Diamond

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Innovation Cooling
IC Diamond 24 Carat Giveaway!!

Innovation Cooling (IC)will giveaway 100 syringes of ICD24 to TH forum members who have at least 50 posts and/or 6 months membership.

ALL POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS MUST POST THEIR INTENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR FREE TIM
(BEFORE OR AFTER PM'ING ME).

PLEASE BE SURE TO BENCHMARK YOUR CPU TEMPS WITH YOUR CURRENT TIM AND RECORD YOUR RESULTS BEFORE USING IC24 FOR TESTING. WE NEED BEFORE AND AFTER PLEASE (Ambient, idle, load at the very least)!

Instructions and Qualifiers

1.)1 Syringe per responding forum member.

2.)This is a on a first come basis. I will post notice on this forum when the giveaway ends

3.)Participating members are to post your test results on this forum within the first 30 days after receiving the sample. Gentleman's agreement.

4.) TH forum members who have at least a minimum 50 posts.

5.) Or have been a forum member for at least 6 months

6.) PM me your mailing address in a format we can cut and paste easily for processing.

7.)Must agree to test the product and give feedback to the forum, and thus to Innovation Cooling (Current load/idle/ambient temps + fan speed then load/idle/ambient temps + fan speed with IC24)

The specifics will be posted in a separate Results Thread, we will be looking for simple data feedback, and looking forward to actual comparisons in application methods and comparing products from other manufacturers.

We would like to first get CPU, GPU's, NB's , and Laptops results as a priority, then any you are free to apply/experiment on other components with remaining balance.

The TIM results thread will go live on once we have enough tubes shipped out and await all member's data results. All personal information is kept entirely confidential and destroyed upon completion of giveaway. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to working with you all and hopefully learning something in the process.

Andrew

President
Innovation Cooling

IC Diamond

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Do not forget to send us your mailing address

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Andrew, I have to say this is a great way to promote your product. Delivering your product straight to the enthusiasts for review and testing.

I'm not going to participate as tearing down my entire system to get the cooler's back plate off is a total PITA.

I look forward to seeing the results though. Hopefully someone who has a decent cooler and has some cured Arctic Silver 5 will take the dive. I'm curious if your product can deliver better results.

PS buy whoever thought of this a nice lunch.

Yep, that is my problem too. This is hitting me right near exams/travel/etc., no way I am pulling the CPU cooler any time soon. However, I certainly look forward to seeing more about the product in the future.

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I'll also suggest re-posting this in the overclocking section of these forums. That may better target the people your looking for instead of this CPU & other components section.

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Cool, I'll take part! Thermal paste is seriously my favorite part of the computer :p

And Icy 24, given how it performs, count me in! :)

Thanks guys!

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Sweet, I'd love a tube of it! I've been looking at it for a while now, but hadn't yet run out of AS Ceramique, but I just used the last bit of it the other day, so I'm all in!

PM will be sent in a minute.

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
Look forward to testing this, already sent my PM :)

For those of you wondering, i'm running some AS5. It Will be interesting to see how much better this stuff will be on my water block.

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007

Well, that would depend on your water block. AS5 is a thin paste, and does better on smooth/polished surfaces, whereas IC diamond is a thick(er) paste and should do better on rougher surfaces (Direct-Touch Heatpipes, etc). http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=8

IC Diamond

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

Getting the most out of a compound's performance is primarily a function of contact (why you lap to a flat) and pressure. If your surface finish scratches are less than the compound particle size no particular advantage is gained by refining the finish.

For instance if your average particle size in your compound is 25 microns and you use a 1200 grit (9 microns) surface scratches will be 9 microns or less depending on how you lap so the paste particles will not fill the scratches beyond a 25 micron finish. Beyond 600 to 800 grit which encompasses 99% of the pastes out there there is no thermal advantage.

It is more important to be flat than smooth

Table of grit sizes

I like to use the DMT stones for lapping I have the full set to 8000 or 3 micron grit, that with a little .5 polish you have a true mirror finish.

dmtd8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.