Sign in with
Your question
Closed

IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound Giveaway

Last response: in CPUs
April 20, 2010 4:58:54 AM

Innovation Cooling
IC Diamond 24 Carat Giveaway!!

Innovation Cooling (IC)will giveaway 100 syringes of ICD24 to TH forum members who have at least 50 posts and/or 6 months membership.

ALL POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS MUST POST THEIR INTENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR FREE TIM
(BEFORE OR AFTER PM'ING ME).

PLEASE BE SURE TO BENCHMARK YOUR CPU TEMPS WITH YOUR CURRENT TIM AND RECORD YOUR RESULTS BEFORE USING IC24 FOR TESTING. WE NEED BEFORE AND AFTER PLEASE (Ambient, idle, load at the very least)!

Instructions and Qualifiers

1.)1 Syringe per responding forum member.

2.)This is a on a first come basis. I will post notice on this forum when the giveaway ends

3.)Participating members are to post your test results on this forum within the first 30 days after receiving the sample. Gentleman's agreement.

4.) TH forum members who have at least a minimum 50 posts.

5.) Or have been a forum member for at least 6 months

6.) PM me your mailing address in a format we can cut and paste easily for processing.

7.)Must agree to test the product and give feedback to the forum, and thus to Innovation Cooling (Current load/idle/ambient temps + fan speed then load/idle/ambient temps + fan speed with IC24)

The specifics will be posted in a separate Results Thread, we will be looking for simple data feedback, and looking forward to actual comparisons in application methods and comparing products from other manufacturers.

We would like to first get CPU, GPU's, NB's , and Laptops results as a priority, then any you are free to apply/experiment on other components with remaining balance.

The TIM results thread will go live on once we have enough tubes shipped out and await all member's data results. All personal information is kept entirely confidential and destroyed upon completion of giveaway. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to working with you all and hopefully learning something in the process.

Andrew

President
Innovation Cooling
April 20, 2010 1:24:07 PM

I'm interested, is this open worldwide?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 2:14:14 AM

I will take part. Thank You
April 28, 2010 2:26:20 AM

i would take part but i have no benchmark software. Can i download it as freeware anywhere?
April 28, 2010 3:17:48 AM

Do not forget to send us your mailing address

IC Diamond said:
Innovation Cooling
IC Diamond 24 Carat Giveaway!!

Innovation Cooling (IC)will giveaway 100 syringes of ICD24 to TH forum members who have at least 50 posts.

ALL POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS MUST POST THEIR INTENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR FREE TIM
(BEFORE OR AFTER PM'ING ME).

PLEASE BE SURE TO BENCHMARK YOUR CPU TEMPS WITH YOUR CURRENT TIM AND RECORD YOUR RESULTS BEFORE USING IC24 FOR TESTING. WE NEED BEFORE AND AFTER PLEASE (Ambient, idle, load at the very least)!

Instructions and Qualifiers

1.)1 Syringe per responding forum member.

2.)This is a on a first come basis. I will post notice on this forum when the giveaway ends

3.)Participating members are to post your test results on this forum within the first 30 days after receiving the sample. Gentleman's agreement.

4.) TH forum members who have at least a minimum 50 posts.

5.) Have been a forum member for at least 6 months

6.) 6.) PM me your mailing address in a format we can cut and paste easily for processing or email me at support[at]innovationcooling.

7.)Must agree to test the product and give feedback to the forum, and thus to Innovation Cooling (Current load/idle/ambient temps + fan speed then load/idle/ambient temps + fan speed with IC24)

The specifics will be posted in a separate Results Thread, we will be looking for simple data feedback, and looking forward to actual comparisons in application methods and comparing products from other manufacturers.

We would like to first get CPU, GPU's, NB's , and Laptops results as a priority, then any you are free to apply/experiment on other components with remaining balance.

The TIM results thread will go live on once we have enough tubes shipped out and await all member's data results. All personal information is kept entirely confidential and destroyed upon completion of giveaway. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to working with you all and hopefully learning something in the process.

Andrew

President
Innovation Cooling

April 29, 2010 2:19:07 AM

96 tubes left
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 3:51:16 AM

Andrew, I have to say this is a great way to promote your product. Delivering your product straight to the enthusiasts for review and testing.

I'm not going to participate as tearing down my entire system to get the cooler's back plate off is a total PITA.

I look forward to seeing the results though. Hopefully someone who has a decent cooler and has some cured Arctic Silver 5 will take the dive. I'm curious if your product can deliver better results.

PS buy whoever thought of this a nice lunch.
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 3:57:50 AM

Yep, that is my problem too. This is hitting me right near exams/travel/etc., no way I am pulling the CPU cooler any time soon. However, I certainly look forward to seeing more about the product in the future.
April 29, 2010 4:03:31 AM

I am also looking for GPU data specifically if that makes it any easier does not have to be CPU only
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 4:23:33 AM

I'll also suggest re-posting this in the overclocking section of these forums. That may better target the people your looking for instead of this CPU & other components section.
April 29, 2010 4:30:31 AM

Thanks for the tip, I will try that
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 4:49:15 AM

Cool, I'll take part! Thermal paste is seriously my favorite part of the computer :p 

And Icy 24, given how it performs, count me in! :) 

Thanks guys!
a c 133 à CPUs
April 29, 2010 5:28:52 AM

I am down sign me up
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 10:29:11 AM

I'm in, mailing address coming over!
April 29, 2010 2:44:24 PM

90 Left - first mailing of samples will go out next week
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 7:27:51 PM

Sweet, I'd love a tube of it! I've been looking at it for a while now, but hadn't yet run out of AS Ceramique, but I just used the last bit of it the other day, so I'm all in!

PM will be sent in a minute.
a c 127 à CPUs
April 29, 2010 9:07:20 PM

You got mine right? Messaged you my address a week ago.

I am interested to see how it performs vs my current stuffs.
April 29, 2010 9:18:26 PM

^ I'm Intrested, but I don't think I have 6 moths.

But I am a vertern with over 10,000 psots, can i still qualify?
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 4:55:47 AM

Hey if it's till on, I'm in too...lol
April 30, 2010 6:12:40 AM

Look forward to testing this, already sent my PM :) 

For those of you wondering, i'm running some AS5. It Will be interesting to see how much better this stuff will be on my water block.
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 12:39:39 PM

lucuis said:
Look forward to testing this, already sent my PM :) 

For those of you wondering, i'm running some AS5. It Will be interesting to see how much better this stuff will be on my water block.

Well, that would depend on your water block. AS5 is a thin paste, and does better on smooth/polished surfaces, whereas IC diamond is a thick(er) paste and should do better on rougher surfaces (Direct-Touch Heatpipes, etc). http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 2:21:35 PM

Hello, I would like to enter this. Already PMed you with Address.
April 30, 2010 3:42:45 PM

jedimasterben said:
Well, that would depend on your water block. AS5 is a thin paste, and does better on smooth/polished surfaces, whereas IC diamond is a thick(er) paste and should do better on rougher surfaces (Direct-Touch Heatpipes, etc). http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

Getting the most out of a compound's performance is primarily a function of contact (why you lap to a flat) and pressure. If your surface finish scratches are less than the compound particle size no particular advantage is gained by refining the finish.

For instance if your average particle size in your compound is 25 microns and you use a 1200 grit (9 microns) surface scratches will be 9 microns or less depending on how you lap so the paste particles will not fill the scratches beyond a 25 micron finish. Beyond 600 to 800 grit which encompasses 99% of the pastes out there there is no thermal advantage.

It is more important to be flat than smooth

Table of grit sizes

I like to use the DMT stones for lapping I have the full set to 8000 or 3 micron grit, that with a little .5 polish you have a true mirror finish.

April 30, 2010 3:44:56 PM

jimmysmitty said:
You got mine right? Messaged you my address a week ago.

I am interested to see how it performs vs my current stuffs.

you are on the list and will be on the first shipment to go out
April 30, 2010 6:46:57 PM

Can I enter?

Don't have 6 months, But have 10K+ posts.

Lookign for an awnser one way or another here.
April 30, 2010 6:56:32 PM

1000 + posts a month? you deserve something.

send me your mailing address
April 30, 2010 6:58:09 PM

IC Diamond said:
1000 + posts a month? you deserve something.

send me your mailing address

Ok, Thanks!

I'll pm it to ya.
a c 127 à CPUs
April 30, 2010 7:44:21 PM

Sweet. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

I would lap but don't have the room to break something. Will just try it compared to my current stuff and post results and screenshots as well to see how it performs.

Hopefully better. Better is always good.
April 30, 2010 7:47:31 PM

calinkula said:
Andrew, I have to say this is a great way to promote your product. Delivering your product straight to the enthusiasts for review and testing.

I'm not going to participate as tearing down my entire system to get the cooler's back plate off is a total PITA.

I look forward to seeing the results though. Hopefully someone who has a decent cooler and has some cured Arctic Silver 5 will take the dive. I'm curious if your product can deliver better results.

PS buy whoever thought of this a nice lunch.

Besides the promotional aspect we do get great data and feed back.

The application method was developed by forum users for best results and further refined by us.

Custom tube being implemented from customer feedback on dispensing we opened the dispensing tip from 2mm to 3.5mm

Forum user feedback caused us to redesign and improve our label

We have extensive adoption of IC Diamond in notebooks due to one user discovering that you can replace the pad on the GPU with ICD due to it's viscosity for better performance and reliability.

Long term reliability feed back from users when I revisit test results a year or two later. I have one guy at xtremesystems forums that has distributed computing farm of 20 pc's and has been going 2 years without a change in temperature or having to reset his clock speeds.

I like that people experiment after doing one test by the book so they get the best result possible, one guy at Anandtec used a vibrator to spread the paste with good result.

Contact and pressure tests we ran on the forums gave great insight into trouble shooting problems.

Running similar C/P sub-tests currently on GPU/VC' to develop a better understanding of how things work in that market.

In the future when I get some time I would like to develop a torque method/table for heat sinks. All paste follow a pressure vs performance curve, I have the data from my lab testing but would like to get it into a format users can use to max out performance.

On the whole forum users are pretty creative, give common sense advice and keeps us on a developmental track that matches their requirements.

April 30, 2010 8:21:01 PM

Nice.

ahve I been added to the ship list?

Thanks!
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 8:51:40 PM

Hey man, just double checking if you have received my PM with address.

Also, didn't you guys do some thing like this over at OCF a while back?

Quote:
Hopefully someone who has a decent cooler and has some cured Arctic Silver 5 will take the dive. I'm curious if your product can deliver better results.

I can. I got a E2180 build with AS5 that's been running for ~7 months.
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 9:34:50 PM

@IC Diamond,

It's a win-win situation. Didn't know your application method came from the forum. :p 
Did you get my mailing address BTW? :) 

@Shadow, looking forward to your results. I don't think I've seen a comprehensive benchmark that includes _cured_ AS5.

Looking forward to testing the paste.
Cheers.
April 30, 2010 11:53:27 PM

Shadow703793 said:

Quote:
Hopefully someone who has a decent cooler and has some cured Arctic Silver 5 will take the dive. I'm curious if your product can deliver better results.

hehheheheh

You're AS5 hasn"t cured yet!
May 1, 2010 2:36:55 AM

builderbobftw said:
Nice.

ahve I been added to the ship list?

Thanks!

Yes got the PM
May 1, 2010 2:45:04 AM

Shadow703793 said:

Quote:

Yes got the PM

so far we have run giveaways @ Overclockers.com, Overclock.net, Overclockers Austraila, Anandtech, xtremesystms, HardewareLogic, NotebookReview, MaximumPC, Silentpcreview, AMDZONE*, Overclockerstech and HardwareCanucks

User test results of tests to date with a breakout of compounds tested HERE

a b à CPUs
May 1, 2010 2:54:08 AM

I've done some tests with cured AS5 vs a fresh (less than 2 hour) application of IC7 (the smaller tube variant of this one), but with the Intel stock heatsink not something decent. I was quite surprised at the results. AS5 lost :D 
May 1, 2010 12:27:25 PM

randomizer said:
I've done some tests with cured AS5 vs a fresh (less than 2 hour) application of IC7 (the smaller tube variant of this one), but with the Intel stock heatsink not something decent. I was quite surprised at the results. AS5 lost :D 

yep.

And also, how did you cure the AS5 in only 7 months?
May 1, 2010 3:56:24 PM

AS5 cures in like 8.33 days, or 200hrs.
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2010 4:57:56 PM

IC Diamond said:
Yes got the PM

so far we have run giveaways @ Overclockers.com, Overclock.net, Overclockers Austraila, Anandtech, xtremesystms, HardewareLogic, NotebookReview, MaximumPC, Silentpcreview, AMDZONE*, Overclockerstech and HardwareCanucks

User test results of tests to date with a breakout of compounds tested HERE

http://innovationcooling.com/Febuary142010updateallforumresults.PNG

Thank you. I wish all manufactures are like this. There really is no better way to improve a product than to listen to the users who run/use it. There are only a few companies doing this unfortunately with Swiftech, Dangerden,etc on the short list.
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2010 4:59:49 PM

builderbobftw said:
yep.

And also, how did you cure the AS5 in only 7 months?

:lol:  My PCs are on 24/7. Anyways, like said, AS5 needs "only" 200 hours with about 4-5 hot/cold cycles to set in.
May 1, 2010 5:05:58 PM

Oh that explains it.

AS5 Ftw lol.
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2010 4:54:11 AM

Don't forget the law of diminishing returns. I bet that the performance difference between first application and 50 hours is alot more than that between 50 hours and 200 hours.
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2010 7:40:11 AM

cool, how many grams are in the syringe?
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2010 12:59:09 PM

^4.8 grams.
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2010 1:05:20 PM

Also, for reference I think it's 1-1.5 grams for the 7 carat tube off the top of my head.
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2010 3:15:54 PM

i think i want in, doing this on my 4870's (PM sent)

guys, first time applying to gpus, any thoughts/things i should look out for
May 2, 2010 3:38:34 PM

^ Do not crack any transitors/capacitors when removing the HSF.

(yes, I did it to my old AGP card, Good thing It wasn"t worth aything......)
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2010 3:46:04 PM

builderbobftw said:
^ Do not crack any transitors/capacitors when removing the HSF.

(yes, I did it to my old AGP card, Good thing It wasn"t worth aything......)

okay, well if i do it to both, i guess thats an excuse to get a 5870

though should i memory too? or just leave the pads
    • 1 / 7
    • More pages
    • Next
    • Newest
!