Cant see files on wd elements hd

mzabko

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Hello all,

So the problem is this. I have a Western Digital 1.5tb HD I have copied 120gb of music from my old laptop (running XP) to the drive. When I try to access it with my new comp (running windows7) the folders show but they seem to be empty. When I look at the properties, the folders show that the space is used. Also when I open all of the individual folders that should contain album art and MP3/MP4s there is this strange file that is titled Thumbs.db...What the hell happed to all of my music!!! Help me please

mzabko

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
yes I can see it and it has a letter. I have transferred files from the windows 7 computer and everything seems fine. The other strange thing is that Itunes can see the files...They are definetly there but I cant see them

mzabko

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Real,

I tried it...still have the same issue. Its really weird, when I changed the ownership I could actually see the files that Im looking for as the comp went through and changed the ownership on all the folders...

RealBeast

Titan

Were you actually able to take ownership of the files and folders under your ID, which is best an administrator level ID?