Solved

CF 5850's on 700W PSU

Not sure ig this should be in Home built systems or graphic and Displays......

Anywho...

Thinking of going crossfire with another 5850 some time in the future. I would like to know if my current PSU would be enough.

System:

Ci7 920 @ 4ghz 1.25V
Gigabyte GA EX58-UD5
3x1GB OCZ 1333mhz 7-7-7-21
Gigabyte HD5850 at 925/1130 x2
Samsung spinpoint F3 500GB
DVD ROM Drive
Plan on going water cooling, so power for the pump and 5 fans for the rads.
Corsair obsidian stock cooling, which I think is just 2 fans ( havent brought it yet)

And finally a Coolermaster Real-Power M700 modular power supply (700 watts continuous power)

So to some up I just wanted to check that my current PSU is up to the job.

On a almost totally unrelated side note: I'm looking to sell some PC bits, namely a Coolermaster HAF932 and a Thermalright HR-03 GT with Arctic silver thermal epoxy and a 92mm enermax fan. Does anyone know any good sites to sell PC bits, I've tryed Ebay and also my local newspapers. BTW I live in the UK.

Really appreicate any help guys. Thanks for reading :D
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5850 700w
  1. Rustyy117 said:
    Not sure ig this should be in Home built systems or graphic and Displays......

Anywho...

Thinking of going crossfire with another 5850 some time in the future. I would like to know if my current PSU would be enough.

System:

Ci7 920 @ 4ghz 1.25V
    Gigabyte GA EX58-UD5
    3x1GB OCZ 1333mhz 7-7-7-21
    Gigabyte HD5850 at 925/1130 x2
    Samsung spinpoint F3 500GB
    DVD ROM Drive
    Plan on going water cooling, so power for the pump and 5 fans for the rads.
    Corsair obsidian stock cooling, which I think is just 2 fans ( havent brought it yet)

And finally a Coolermaster Real-Power M700 modular power supply (700 watts continuous power)

So to some up I just wanted to check that my current PSU is up to the job.

On a almost totally unrelated side note: I'm looking to sell some PC bits, namely a Coolermaster HAF932 and a Thermalright HR-03 GT with Arctic silver thermal epoxy and a 92mm enermax fan. Does anyone know any good sites to sell PC bits, I've tryed Ebay and also my local newspapers. BTW I live in the UK.

Really appreicate any help guys. Thanks for reading :D

Frankly I don't trust Coolermaster when it comes to PSUs. I suggest you to get another brand.
  2. well I've never had a problem with them and it has a 5 year warrenty. Got any proof? Any experience with CM PSU's?

If so spill the beans :D
  3. Rustyy117 said:
    well I've never had a problem with them and it has a 5 year warrenty. Got any proof? Any experience with CM PSU's?

If so spill the beans :D

PSU Tiers (Old List):
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088

Maybe things have changed in recent times, but the I wouldn't bet on it.
  4. Lol Tier 4 ! :O

I'd still risk it for a biscuit, So do you think 700W is enough juice?
  5. Best answer
    Rustyy117 said:
    Lol Tier 4 ! :O

I'd still risk it for a biscuit, So do you think 700W is enough juice?

Its plenty of power for 2 5850. Even for 2 5870.
    If you want to see good PSU reviews that could help you decide which PSU to buy give a check to JohnnyGuru.
  6. If truth be told, if i had to buy a new PSU to be able to crossfire, I just wouldnt bother as I think it would take away its value. Unless I could get a good price for my CM RP M700

So now thats been answered, do you know of any places I could sell PC Bits?
  7. Rustyy117 said:
    If truth be told, if i had to buy a new PSU to be able to crossfire, I just wouldnt bother as I think it would take away its value. Unless I could get a good price for my CM RP M700

So now thats been answered, do you know of any places I could sell PC Bits?

Well, you said Ebay and newspaper adds. Have you tried local stores. Maybe some resell used parts and would want yours.
  8. my only local PC store is PCworld and they dont sell PC cases or VGA coolers, so thats a no go : /

Any more suggestions?
  9. Rustyy117 said:
    my only local PC store is PCworld and they dont sell PC cases or VGA coolers, so thats a no go : /

Any more suggestions?

Give them to me :D (for free of course :ange: ).
  10. :lol: nah im good thanks. :)

I gues I'll give Ebay another shot.

Hmmm.....Who to give best answer tooo......So many to choose from :D
  11. Best answer selected by omgitzfatal.
  12. Rustyy117 said:
    :lol: nah im good thanks. :)

I gues I'll give Ebay another shot.

Hmmm.....Who to give best answer tooo......So many to choose from :D

Yeah....I guess the rest saw this as being too easy :D, or the americans are all sleeping now. :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics