Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CF 5850's on 700W PSU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:28:43 PM

Not sure ig this should be in Home built systems or graphic and Displays......

Anywho...

Thinking of going crossfire with another 5850 some time in the future. I would like to know if my current PSU would be enough.

System:

Ci7 920 @ 4ghz 1.25V
Gigabyte GA EX58-UD5
3x1GB OCZ 1333mhz 7-7-7-21
Gigabyte HD5850 at 925/1130 x2
Samsung spinpoint F3 500GB
DVD ROM Drive
Plan on going water cooling, so power for the pump and 5 fans for the rads.
Corsair obsidian stock cooling, which I think is just 2 fans ( havent brought it yet)

And finally a Coolermaster Real-Power M700 modular power supply (700 watts continuous power)

So to some up I just wanted to check that my current PSU is up to the job.

On a almost totally unrelated side note: I'm looking to sell some PC bits, namely a Coolermaster HAF932 and a Thermalright HR-03 GT with Arctic silver thermal epoxy and a 92mm enermax fan. Does anyone know any good sites to sell PC bits, I've tryed Ebay and also my local newspapers. BTW I live in the UK.

Really appreicate any help guys. Thanks for reading :D 

More about : 5850 700w psu

a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:33:09 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Not sure ig this should be in Home built systems or graphic and Displays......

Anywho...

Thinking of going crossfire with another 5850 some time in the future. I would like to know if my current PSU would be enough.

System:

Ci7 920 @ 4ghz 1.25V
Gigabyte GA EX58-UD5
3x1GB OCZ 1333mhz 7-7-7-21
Gigabyte HD5850 at 925/1130 x2
Samsung spinpoint F3 500GB
DVD ROM Drive
Plan on going water cooling, so power for the pump and 5 fans for the rads.
Corsair obsidian stock cooling, which I think is just 2 fans ( havent brought it yet)

And finally a Coolermaster Real-Power M700 modular power supply (700 watts continuous power)

So to some up I just wanted to check that my current PSU is up to the job.

On a almost totally unrelated side note: I'm looking to sell some PC bits, namely a Coolermaster HAF932 and a Thermalright HR-03 GT with Arctic silver thermal epoxy and a 92mm enermax fan. Does anyone know any good sites to sell PC bits, I've tryed Ebay and also my local newspapers. BTW I live in the UK.

Really appreicate any help guys. Thanks for reading :D 


Frankly I don't trust Coolermaster when it comes to PSUs. I suggest you to get another brand.
m
0
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:37:47 PM

well I've never had a problem with them and it has a 5 year warrenty. Got any proof? Any experience with CM PSU's?

If so spill the beans :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:40:44 PM

Rustyy117 said:
well I've never had a problem with them and it has a 5 year warrenty. Got any proof? Any experience with CM PSU's?

If so spill the beans :D 


PSU Tiers (Old List):
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088

Maybe things have changed in recent times, but the I wouldn't bet on it.
m
0
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:45:07 PM

Lol Tier 4 ! :o 

I'd still risk it for a biscuit, So do you think 700W is enough juice?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:47:15 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Lol Tier 4 ! :o 

I'd still risk it for a biscuit, So do you think 700W is enough juice?


Its plenty of power for 2 5850. Even for 2 5870.
If you want to see good PSU reviews that could help you decide which PSU to buy give a check to JohnnyGuru.
Share
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:51:06 PM

If truth be told, if i had to buy a new PSU to be able to crossfire, I just wouldnt bother as I think it would take away its value. Unless I could get a good price for my CM RP M700

So now thats been answered, do you know of any places I could sell PC Bits?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 12:52:55 PM

Rustyy117 said:
If truth be told, if i had to buy a new PSU to be able to crossfire, I just wouldnt bother as I think it would take away its value. Unless I could get a good price for my CM RP M700

So now thats been answered, do you know of any places I could sell PC Bits?


Well, you said Ebay and newspaper adds. Have you tried local stores. Maybe some resell used parts and would want yours.
m
0
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 1:15:11 PM

my only local PC store is PCworld and they dont sell PC cases or VGA coolers, so thats a no go : /

Any more suggestions?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 1:17:33 PM

Rustyy117 said:
my only local PC store is PCworld and they dont sell PC cases or VGA coolers, so thats a no go : /

Any more suggestions?


Give them to me :D  (for free of course :ange:  ).
m
0
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 1:43:58 PM

:lol:  nah im good thanks. :) 

I gues I'll give Ebay another shot.

Hmmm.....Who to give best answer tooo......So many to choose from :D 
m
0
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 1:44:24 PM

Best answer selected by omgitzfatal.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 1:49:03 PM

Rustyy117 said:
:lol:  nah im good thanks. :) 

I gues I'll give Ebay another shot.

Hmmm.....Who to give best answer tooo......So many to choose from :D 


Yeah....I guess the rest saw this as being too easy :D , or the americans are all sleeping now. :lol: 
m
0
l
!