Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Connecting HDMI to HDMI on monitor.. question?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Monitors
  • HDMI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 4, 2010 12:50:30 PM

I just purchased a 25 inch lcd monitor upon the very good suggestions from a lot of helpful people here. I just got the Samsung T260HD. I should receive it in a few days. I was planning on connecting it via the HDMI outs on my HD5850 vid card to the HDMI input on the back of the monitor. I'm sure this will be fairly straight forward, but will i be able to get sound as well through this connection scheme? Do I have to run a connection from my dvd drive to a 3pin connector on my motherboard or will sound already be funneled through the vid card? My mobo is a gigabyte ex58 UD3R. It would be nice to just have this one connection and use the sound from the monitor. I'm not a stickler when it comes to sound and think this should suffice for now.

Thanks so much for any help.

More about : connecting hdmi hdmi monitor question

Best solution

February 4, 2010 12:55:04 PM

mriviecc said:
I just purchased a 25 inch lcd monitor upon the very good suggestions from a lot of helpful people here. I just got the Samsung T260HD. I should receive it in a few days. I was planning on connecting it via the HDMI outs on my HD5850 vid card to the HDMI input on the back of the monitor. I'm sure this will be fairly straight forward, but will i be able to get sound as well through this connection scheme? Do I have to run a connection from my dvd drive to a 3pin connector on my motherboard or will sound already be funneled through the vid card? My mobo is a gigabyte ex58 UD3R. It would be nice to just have this one connection and use the sound from the monitor. I'm not a stickler when it comes to sound and think this should suffice for now.

Thanks so much for any help.

The sound will be funneled through the GPU HDMI cable. You just need to set the HD sound from the GPU as a primary sound source.
February 4, 2010 1:05:21 PM

This is probably a real stupid question, but is that set through catalyst control center or through the bios? Thanks again.
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2010 1:06:52 PM

mriviecc said:
This is probably a real stupid question, but is that set through catalyst control center or through the bios? Thanks again.

It is set in Windows: Control Panel/Sound. I think you can handle it from there.
m
l
February 4, 2010 1:14:14 PM

thanks. appreciate it.
m
l
February 14, 2010 3:10:43 AM

Best answer selected by mriviecc.
m
l
!