triumvirate

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I have 2 Nvidia Quadro NVS 450 cards that i am trying to install into a HP XW4600 so that I can have 8 screens. I cant get the workstation to recognise both cards.

Also, one of the cards does not seem to function properly either as one of the screens is really large no matter what i put the res too.

Does anyone have any guidence?

Thanks

davidl00

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Bingo! I tried the same setup on a HP XW6400 : after 2 hours of playing with install/uninstalling buttons the cards are recognized, but blows up the workstation in a blue screen after switching on the Desktop Manager feature.

On the new HP Workstation Z600 the combo damages something in the operating system so it comes up polling "lsass.exe : the application failed to initialize.." and NO login window appear. The system can be fixed when using the "Last Good Known" menue, but until the second card is installed, the same problem occurs.

We tested this using another two cards in another box, same result.

Test each card separately to rule out a dud. If both run then make sure the drivers are up to date. Test the lower slot with a dummy card to rule out the slot being the problem. What os are you using?

davidl00

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
We run XP SP3. On the HP Z600 the problem doesnt occure in our envrionment since we disabled the onboard Broadcom NIC and insert an Intel NIC instead.