Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ATI 4670 issue.

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 4, 2010 1:21:33 PM

I recently got my computer with 4670 HD x2, but it only recognizes 1 of the cards when I go to catalyst. I can see the fan running on both cards when the computer is on though. Any thoughts / advice on this problem? I have windows 7 and my mobo is an ASUS M4A78 PLUS AM3/AM2+ AMD 770.

Much thanks in advance!

More about : ati 4670 issue

February 4, 2010 1:30:05 PM

He has 4670 in X-fire. Don't know why but lets continue.
To the OP, do you have Crossfire enabled in the CCC? What PSU do you have?
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 1:32:00 PM

Yes I have crossfire enabled, my PSU is a 700 watt.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 4, 2010 1:35:37 PM

Insoziam said:
Yes I have crossfire enabled, my PSU is a 700 watt.


If you change the PCIex slots for the cards, still only the first card is visible in the CCC?
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 1:39:16 PM

I will try doing that hallow.
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 1:51:37 PM

Sorry about the delay. Yes they are working when I switch slots.
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 1:59:18 PM

Insoziam said:
Sorry about the delay. Yes they are working when I switch slots.


Both are working? Both are detected? If yes, then maybe the first time you didn't seat the card properly.
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:00:46 PM

Nope, still only a single card detected. Could it be a system glitch and not the hardware?
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:03:37 PM

Insoziam said:
Nope, still only a single card detected. Could it be a system glitch and not the hardware?


So...let me get this straight. You had:

First:
Card1 -----PCIex slot 1
Card2------PCIex slot 2
--------------------------------
Only Card1 detected.

Second:
Card2-----PCIex slot 1
Card1-----PCIex slot 2
--------------------------------
Only Card2 detected?

m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:16:04 PM

The linked mobo you showed me (Pyshco) only has 1 PCIe slot it seems. Mine has 2 for sure. And to hallowed, yes, only the first slotted card is recognized. Not the 2nd

I am fairly new at PC building, so I do not remember which brand of 4670 I got. And can you elaborate a bit on the Crossfire bridge and what it is so I can investigate a bit more?
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:21:02 PM

Insoziam said:
The linked mobo you showed me (Pyshco) only has 1 PCIe slot it seems. Mine has 2 for sure. And to hallowed, yes, only the first slotted card is recognized. Not the 2nd

I am fairly new at PC building, so I do not remember which brand of 4670 I got. And can you elaborate a bit on the Crossfire bridge and what it is so I can investigate a bit more?


A Crossfire bridge is a connection between the cards so that Crossfire can work. You can see more about it here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crossfire+bridge&aq=2&aqi=g10&oq=crossfire+b
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:26:56 PM

Quote:
Problem is most likely he's not using a bridge because i can't think of any 4670's that come with them.


Hmm...probably.
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:27:19 PM

Hm, I see. So if I actually buy a higher end card (I was thinking of a 5xxx to upgrade for dx11), would they come built in with a crossfire bridge? Or would I have to buy them separately? And that could be the issue.. I don't see what else it could be.
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:28:38 PM

Insoziam said:
Hm, I see. So if I actually buy a higher end card (I was thinking of a 5xxx to upgrade for dx11), would they come built in with a crossfire bridge? Or would I have to buy them separately? And that could be the issue.. I don't see what else it could be.


If you already have the 4670s just go and buy a Crossfire bridge.
m
0
l
February 4, 2010 2:33:06 PM

Will do, I see them relatively cheap on newegg. Once I receive the bridge, how do I go about installing them as this is the first I am hearing of this?
m
0
l
February 17, 2010 3:55:04 PM

hyyyyyyyy i have same prob but you both need to know 4670 have internal crossfire bridge (sapphire 4670 1gb mine)
m
0
l
!