Anyone manage to get the demo working?

As soon as I try to configure the controls it collapses to the desktop.
Hopeless.

Tim

"Interesting Ian" <DELETEspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> As soon as I try to configure the controls it collapses to the desktop.
> Hopeless.

What are your system specs? I have the demo and it runs great! Check the
included readme file for clues and suggestions.

On Sat, 29 May 2004 02:43:43 +0100, "Interesting Ian"
<DELETEspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>As soon as I try to configure the controls it collapses to the desktop.
>Hopeless.

Try unplugging any game controllers or joysticks. Apparently they cause
havoc on the full blown version.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

He's right, you know...

"Thief: Deadly Shadows crashes every time I try to change the
controls.
This problem is usually caused by a gamepad or joystick being plugged
into the system. Since Thief: Deadly Shadows does not officially support any
type of game controller, it can cause the game to crash. You will need to
unplug your game controller, and restart the game. You should then be able
to change the controls without problems."
[from the Eidos website]

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 May 2004 02:43:43 +0100, "Interesting Ian"
> <DELETEspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >As soon as I try to configure the controls it collapses to the desktop.
> >Hopeless.
>
> Try unplugging any game controllers or joysticks. Apparently they cause
> havoc on the full blown version.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

strider

Simbo proclaimed...

> He's right, you know...
>
> "Thief: Deadly Shadows crashes every time I try to change the
> controls.
> This problem is usually caused by a gamepad or joystick being plugged
> into the system. Since Thief: Deadly Shadows does not officially support any
> type of game controller, it can cause the game to crash. You will need to
> unplug your game controller, and restart the game. You should then be able
> to change the controls without problems."
> [from the Eidos website]

I get a funny error. When I pick a lock my Dual-shock PS/2 controller
vibrates. It spooked me out the first time I seen it.

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 May 2004 02:43:43 +0100, "Interesting Ian"
> <DELETEspam.me2@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >As soon as I try to configure the controls it collapses to the desktop.
> >Hopeless.
>
> Try unplugging any game controllers or joysticks. Apparently they cause
> havoc on the full blown version.

Ah right! Good, now it works :)