Sign in with
Your question

Question for ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe Owners

Last response: in Motherboards
September 21, 2010 10:36:48 PM

Can anyone tell me how high the PCB heatsink (next to the CPU) reaches out from the motherboard? ie. how many mm does the heatsink extend toward the case side door in a vertically mounted case

I am looking at a specific CPU Cooler but am unsure whether it will clear my PCB heatsink in my board (EVGA P55 SLI), I have a few pictures from a review site that show the cooler clearing this mobo's heatsink and would like to compare heights before purchase.

Thanks!
a c 112 V Motherboard
a c 117 à CPUs
September 22, 2010 2:29:58 AM

I've never heard of a cooler interfering with pcb heatsinks on an 1156 platform.
Coolers come in all different sizes for an 1156 ranging in height from low profile cooler under 95mm to 165mm for tower coolers.
The size of cooler you choose will be dictated by how wide your case is.
Most mid-tower cases from popular manufacturers can accommodate a 160mm tall cooler.
The two most important factors when choosing a cooler will be case width and ram height.
September 22, 2010 2:33:52 AM

davcon said:
I've never heard of a cooler interfering with pcb heatsinks on an 1156 platform.
Coolers come in all different sizes for an 1156 ranging in height from low profile cooler under 95mm to 165mm for tower coolers.
The size of cooler you choose will be dictated by how wide your case is.
Most mid-tower cases from popular manufacturers can accommodate a 160mm tall cooler.
The two most important factors when choosing a cooler will be case width and ram height.

I have CM Storm Sniper for the Case- so I think I should be np clear on height. The RAM Height will be an issue- but I think this cooler will only encroach on the cloest DIMM slot- which is unused in my current config, and I suppose I could buy lower profile RAM if I were to add 2 more DIMMs.

Cooler I am looking at is the CM V6 GT- just having issues with the "in the head" math and intangible numbers as to whether it'll slide in or not.
Related resources
a c 112 V Motherboard
a c 117 à CPUs
September 22, 2010 3:01:29 AM

As far as fitting you're good the V6GT is 165mm tall and your case is very wide 10".
It's a big cooler that definitely won't get along well with ram over 41mm tall.
So Dominators and GT's,Patriot Sector,HyperX T1,Gskill Pi and Tridents would not be good choices.
Ripjaws 41mm,Mushkin Black/Red lines 40mm.Corsair XMS 33mm would be good choices.
September 22, 2010 5:00:42 PM

davcon said:
As far as fitting you're good the V6GT is 165mm tall and your case is very wide 10".
It's a big cooler that definitely won't get along well with ram over 41mm tall.
So Dominators and GT's,Patriot Sector,HyperX T1,Gskill Pi and Tridents would not be good choices.
Ripjaws 41mm,Mushkin Black/Red lines 40mm.Corsair XMS 33mm would be good choices.

I think the limit will actually be 36mm, as Coolermaster's specs dimension diagram shows on their site?
!