Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My New Rig. HELP ME OUT ! URGENT!

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 20, 2010 12:32:08 PM

Hey.
i'm getting a new rig.
i was planning to get intel but my dad said if i got amd i can save some money on the mainboard and the pcu?

the items i KNOW i am getting is
case : antec 902
gpu : geforce 275
ram : is there diff sizes?
hdd : is there diffrent sizes?

i would like u guys to choose a mainboard and a cpu that will fit the antec 902 and Amd or Intel.. my budget is tight so i think u guys should just give me names of amd motherboards and cpu's everything else i can do.. and type of ram and hdd... but i got some spare ram and hdd so that dosnt really matter. PLEASE HELP ME OUT :p  i dont wana waste my cash :)  oh this rig is for pure gaming oh and maybe a nice cpu sync if u think needed :)  see u

More about : rig urgent

April 20, 2010 12:52:29 PM

dideah said:
Hey.
i'm getting a new rig.
i was planning to get intel but my dad said if i got amd i can save some money on the mainboard and the pcu?

the items i KNOW i am getting is
case : antec 902
gpu : geforce 275
ram : is there diff sizes?
hdd : is there diffrent sizes?



There are many, many on this board wiser than I, but methinks you are starting from the wrong end of things... the geforce 275 is an almost $400.00!! video card... not exactly the saving money type of situation you're describing. Why do you want/need this card, and have you thought about what the net outcome will be of having a very high end graphics card and cheap everything else?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 20, 2010 1:10:27 PM

What spare RAM do you have? Anyway, here's a DDR3 system:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Antec TruePower New TP-550 550W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SAPPHIRE 100282-3SR Radeon HD 5850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


m
0
l
Related resources
April 21, 2010 1:19:22 PM

shultze said:
There are many, many on this board wiser than I, but methinks you are starting from the wrong end of things... the geforce 275 is an almost $400.00!! video card... not exactly the saving money type of situation you're describing. Why do you want/need this card, and have you thought about what the net outcome will be of having a very high end graphics card and cheap everything else?



yeah dude chill.. in malaysia i can get it for 200 usd :p 
m
0
l
April 21, 2010 1:27:25 PM

mosox said:
What spare RAM do you have? Anyway, here's a DDR3 system:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Antec TruePower New TP-550 550W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SAPPHIRE 100282-3SR Radeon HD 5850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



haha thanks dude :)  that was usefull. so u this will fit in antec 902? and the gpu u mentioned? i dont know about radeon.. what is that card close to as a geforce?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2010 2:06:42 PM

That build will definitely fit in your antec 902. The 5850 is a beast of a card, performs a little better than a GTX 285.
m
0
l
April 21, 2010 2:11:53 PM

bige420 said:
That build will definitely fit in your antec 902. The 5850 is a beast of a card, performs a little better than a GTX 285.


haha thanks :)  i guess its gonna be my 2nd Ati :p  my 1st ati was a 9800 ? or 1900? something like that ;p like 5 years ago :p  128 mb bitch! could play quake nicly! hahaha :p  any tips on building a pc? like what to be careful with? and stuff?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2010 2:22:10 PM

dideah said:
haha thanks :)  i guess its gonna be my 2nd Ati :p  my 1st ati was a 9800 ? or 1900? something like that ;p like 5 years ago :p  128 mb bitch! could play quake nicly! hahaha :p  any tips on building a pc? like what to be careful with? and stuff?


I would suggest getting thermal compound because the normal pad on the hs isn’t that great and thermal compound is very cheap. The build should be very straight forward. Mosox picked out some good parts for you, but if you have some extra money I would get a good hs too.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2010 2:23:43 PM

dideah said:
haha thanks :)  i guess its gonna be my 2nd Ati :p  my 1st ati was a 9800 ? or 1900? something like that ;p like 5 years ago :p  128 mb bitch! could play quake nicly! hahaha :p  any tips on building a pc? like what to be careful with? and stuff?

Well of course you want to be careful with static shock, one little static shock can fry a mobo. I've honestly never had an issue with it though. Other than that, just remember to put standoffs in and dont force anything too hard and you should be good to go.
m
0
l
April 21, 2010 4:04:34 PM

Recently picked up an GTX 260 OC. The 275 is not that much faster (negligible in synthetic tests, almost none in real world), and you can pick up the 260 for less $$. This may give you more room in your budget. I'd put it towards a quality mobo.
m
0
l
April 22, 2010 7:09:26 AM

Pro Llama said:
I would suggest getting thermal compound because the normal pad on the hs isn’t that great and thermal compound is very cheap. The build should be very straight forward. Mosox picked out some good parts for you, but if you have some extra money I would get a good hs too.


what is hs? yeah i already have some thermal compound :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
April 22, 2010 8:37:44 AM

HS means heatsink. Be sure to remove the pre-applied stuff before you put the new compound on.
Share
a b à CPUs
April 22, 2010 8:51:04 AM

Quote:
My New Rig. HELP ME OUT ! URGENT!


I'm not entirely clear why this issue is "URGENT"
m
0
l
April 22, 2010 9:35:10 AM

FALC0N said:
Quote:
My New Rig. HELP ME OUT ! URGENT!


I'm not entirely clear why this issue is "URGENT"


dont know :p  usualy forums take ages to reply if u dont type " urgent " but this forum rocks :p  sorry
m
0
l
April 22, 2010 9:36:28 AM

Best answer selected by dideah.
m
0
l
April 22, 2010 9:37:30 AM

bige420 said:
HS means heatsink. Be sure to remove the pre-applied stuff before you put the new compound on.


oh haha :p  yeah .. what u think i should get/ i can get the cooler master v8 or something like that
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 22, 2010 4:33:30 PM

The V8 is a very nice cooler. Might I also recommend the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme or the Noctua NH-D14. Be forewarned though, these are all massive coolers and you may not be able to have a fan on the side window of your case. Thanks for the vote btw :) 
m
0
l
April 22, 2010 11:09:04 PM

bige420 said:
The V8 is a very nice cooler. Might I also recommend the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme or the Noctua NH-D14. Be forewarned though, these are all massive coolers and you may not be able to have a fan on the side window of your case. Thanks for the vote btw :) 


i read some forums about the anec 902 they said the fan is more down towards the gpu? anyway i dont mind :)  thanks alot :> the tuniq looks rad
m
0
l
!