GTX 260 lazy?

so...yeah... i got my gtx 260 at least, so far, so good :love:
BUT!!!!
i've noticed something :o
when i play need for speed shift, and then i check EVGA precision, i see that the GPU usage is not always 100%....
does that mean my sistem is bottlenecking it? :heink:
Also, i got this game called Combat Arms, with my old 9500GT i was getting something like 120 FPS, 1920*1200 everything on high... but now, i can barely get 60 :cry:
The GPU usage is like 25%, is it because the GPU underclocks when it's not on load?
HELP ME!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
BTW....
Intel core 2 duo e 4600 @ 2.7ghz
Ram DDR2 2gb, 786mhz
GPU Zotac GTX 260 square (216 version...)
7 answers Last reply
More about lazy
  1. the 200 series was not a dramatic FPS boost over the previous generation. they shined in being able to max out all details and remain completely playable. there were only one or 2 titles that made my 260's break a sweat. Crysis being one and i cannot recall the other off the top of my head. may also shut vertical sync off and see what happens.
  2. roofus said:
    the 200 series was not a dramatic FPS boost over the previous generation. they shined in being able to max out all details and remain completely playable. there were only one or 2 titles that made my 260's break a sweat. Crysis being one and i cannot recall the other off the top of my head. may also shut vertical sync off and see what happens.

Interesting.....
    well, there is no V-sync option....
    thanx for the reply :sweat:
  3. it looks like you replaced a 9500 with a GTX 260, did you completely remove the drivers and then install the ones for the GTX 260 after that, or did you just pop the card in?
  4. jonpaul37 said:
    it looks like you replaced a 9500 with a GTX 260, did you completely remove the drivers and then install the ones for the GTX 260 after that, or did you just pop the card in?

I uninstaled all the drivers from Nvidia (even physx) and i installed the newest ones from Nvidia :)
  5. hmmm..., what's your power supply and wattage? also, the 9500 did not require a 6-pin PCI-E connector and the 260 GTX does, possible that the power supply is not strong anough to support the GTX 260 or did you forget to plug in the 6-pin power connector?
  6. jonpaul37 said:
    hmmm..., what's your power supply and wattage? also, the 9500 did not require a 6-pin PCI-E connector and the 260 GTX does, possible that the power supply is not strong anough to support the GTX 260 or did you forget to plug in the 6-pin power connector?

Yup, 9500 didn't need it at all.... :lol:
    now i have a 800watt PSU, and i'm using the 2 6pin pcie conectors. :sweat:
  7. gerard, there is a vertical sync option in the advanced options probably near the very bottom.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx GPUs Graphics