Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CPU Overclocking oddity in temperature (AMD APU E2)

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 12, 2012 5:23:24 AM

Hi guys, I have a little oddity that I want to ask.

I am using an Acer 4250 laptop and I overclocked the AMD APU E2 1.6 ghz to 2.6 ghz.

I noticed that there was only 1c-3c increase in temperature from stock frequency (1.6ghz at 70c on full load prime95) but CPU-Z shows 2.6ghz at 72c and Core Temp shows similar temp as well. I used the Brazos Tweaker as I cannot overclock this cpu as this cpu is in an Acer laptop.

This is a screenshot of Prime 95 and CPU-Z HWMonitor
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1176/cpuoverclock.pn...

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 12, 2012 12:40:09 PM

if you didn't adjust the voltage, the CPU won't produce much more heat (at least not as much as if you adjust the voltage)
m
0
l
November 12, 2012 2:06:04 PM

you cant or it will broke - that is bad proceser
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 12, 2012 5:23:54 PM

asdfaf said:
you cant or it will broke - that is bad proceser

ehm what? OP never said it was dysfunctiona

edit:silly autocorrect, disfunctional
m
0
l
November 13, 2012 9:46:57 AM

nna2 said:
ehm what? OP never said it was dysfunctiona


nonono - it will. be of not. thanks.
m
0
l
November 13, 2012 11:20:14 AM

Yeah, it is a weak processor for gaming, but the point is that people will expect 5c-10c increase in cpu temperature when overclocked by at least 200mhz-400mhz. However, the base/stock cpu speed is 1.6 ghz max but in the picture above, it shows 2.6 ghz which is 1 ghz base overclock which is pretty insane for a laptop, plus the fact that it didn't heat up too much.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 13, 2012 12:08:54 PM

asdfaf said:
nonono - it will. be of not. thanks.

you're making no sense to me
m
0
l
November 13, 2012 12:29:20 PM

nna2 said:
you're making no sense to me


yes sence there is. My englesh is no good sorry but the pad is what importent
m
0
l
November 13, 2012 12:32:33 PM

ah, guys, nevermind about this "sense" you guys are talking about, I want some confirmation only..
m
0
l
November 13, 2012 1:21:06 PM

ValorZeroAdvent said:
ah, guys, nevermind about this "sense" you guys are talking about, I want some confirmation only..



ok thanks you
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 9:03:03 PM

Bump, I need to find answers to this.
m
0
l
April 15, 2013 12:30:57 PM

i to also overclocked my e2-1800 from 1.7Ghz to 3.4Ghz and i dont see much of a temp increase aswell ive done a few bench marks and it indeed has gotten a bit faster (not much but and increase is an increase.
m
0
l
April 27, 2013 1:39:42 PM

AioniosJay said:
i to also overclocked my e2-1800 from 1.7Ghz to 3.4Ghz and i dont see much of a temp increase aswell ive done a few bench marks and it indeed has gotten a bit faster (not much but and increase is an increase.

I got the same processor, how did you overclocked it? I would appreciate it a lot if you show me how to overclock it :) 
m
0
l
May 3, 2013 7:12:37 PM

TechSoltice said:
AioniosJay said:
i to also overclocked my e2-1800 from 1.7Ghz to 3.4Ghz and i dont see much of a temp increase aswell ive done a few bench marks and it indeed has gotten a bit faster (not much but and increase is an increase.

I got the same processor, how did you overclocked it? I would appreciate it a lot if you show me how to overclock it :) 


well i used Brazostweaker

m
0
l
August 21, 2013 6:36:40 PM

Bump
No activity in the thread so I assume no adverse effects from the OC? I just got my E2-1800 (dm1-4310nr) and have noticed the same thing... OC to 3400 using brazostweaker... and there is very little change in max temp using OCCT burntest and speedfan to monitor...
E2 seems to be quite an unpolished gem... and sadly there may have been an even higher ceiling as i was able undervolt P0 VID to 1.35 and it's still 100% stable!
Also, great underclock/volt of the P2 state to save battery...

Anyone actually game at 3400mhz? or does the GPU make it go too high for thermal safety?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2013 5:14:56 PM

I doubt you are even overclocking that chip at all, take a look here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/276449-29-possible

That Brazotweaker thing is only meant to downclock the chip.

In the future don't bump your own post,it's against the rules.
m
0
l
!