This Monitor / Tv for my system ?

zzrich

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
This looks like a great deal.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11482615&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=19&lang=en-US#

I get a tv and a monitor for that price ? Too good to be true ? Its has some good reviews and I trust costco. I am a former employee of 11 years. 90 day refund policy as well. Will it be a good performing monitor ? (thats what I will use it for most) This way I can also chuck my old k-world tv card as well. Right now I am on a 17 inch crt lol. Thanks.

BTW, I didnt see an option in the sub menu to select a monitor. I had to put something in the blank spot.

Recently bought the samsung P2770HD from Cosco ($400). Also Have the Samsung T240HD (from New egg) a 24 in Monitor/HDTV, 1920 x 1200.

When looking for the larger monitor/TV, I ruled out the Hanns, enough poor pitures to my liking. Was considering the Samsung T260HD for alittle over $400. Made a mistake with the P2770. As a tv/blu-ray it is great, as a monitor it is poor (Max resolution is 1920x1080). Also pay attention to viewing angle. Even the samsungs are somewhat poor in viewing angle. Also pay attention to the Number/type of input connectors. ie P2770 only has one hdmi and one DVI and one component. I have two computers connected plus a Blu-ray player/with tuner. IF you hook a blu-ray player w/HD tuner - DON'T need the TV input.

For a monitor 24 inch and bigger you want a 1920x1200.
Remember, you get what you pay for - Sometimes you make out OK. Do not go by the quality of a "TV" or DVD displayed, You need to see what it looks like with a computer image (With Text).

zzrich

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Thanks RetiredChief . Thats's some good food for thought. Since I really just need a good monitor I might pass on this deal. The resolution issue is one I hadnt thought of (and the viewing angle). I had a Viewsonic 22.5 lcd (monitor only) that I loved, but I had to sell it a year ago. It cost me the same as the hanns would now ($229).

I really dont need anything larger than a 22" monitor. And I will be gaming. So refresh rate, native resolution, etc. will be important to me. I will be viewing head on, so view angle is not an issue.

zzrich

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
This goes on sale tomorrow. Sorry for bumping my own post, just looking for more answers/advice. I am afraid this will sell out quickly, thus the feeling of urgency on my part ! Plus if it doesnt work out, my local costco is 7 miles away.