Sign in with
Your question

Incompatibility?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 12, 2012 12:07:47 PM

Hello,
I’m new to the forum but I’ve read a lot of post in the past from THW.
My problem is that I think that my PC might have some incompatibilities between the components. It goes this way.. I changed 2 Power Supplies in 3 years and my line does not have issues as other electronics around the house never braked. Also the integrated soundcard and LAN on my mobo are fried.

My PC:

MB: Asus P5P41T/USB3
CPU: E7200 @ 2.53
Cooling: ZEROtherm Core92
PS: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W, EX: Segotep 650W – I made a test on the web and it seems that my PC needs around 400W …
DDR3 Corsair 2*2G 1333CL9
GPU: Radeon Asus HD6770 DDR5
HDD: 3* Sata2
LAN+ Soundcard (don’t remember the manufacturer)

What do you think? Is something amiss?

I also want to ovlk my cpu to around 3.0 but its not stable and receive BSOD’s … and I read that the E7200 should ovlk easily. I reach 2.8 with slow clock increase and voltage but at 3.0 it does not start even with more voltage increase. What do I do wrong?

Tnx, and sorry for my English.

More about : incompatibility

a b K Overclocking
November 12, 2012 12:36:10 PM

try resetting your bios to factory defaults to see if it will correct the LAN/Audio issues
and the audio chip is the realtek HD audio (alc887)
November 12, 2012 1:50:09 PM

nna2 said:
try resetting your bios to factory defaults to see if it will correct the LAN/Audio issues
and the audio chip is the realtek HD audio (alc887)

Tnx for the reply. The onboard lan and sound are dead.. I tried many things when they fried and don’t seem to work so I got external cards instead. I currently run on Default settings anyway and so was when the second Power Supply fried.
Could it just be a bad PS or is it something else? I also put the PC in Standby/Sleep mode quite often… is this damaging the components?

BTW… my OS is Win 7 /64
a b K Overclocking
November 12, 2012 5:26:00 PM

a bad psu can damage components over time yes
!