Sign in with
Your question

What would u go for sli or crossfire-x?..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays

Sli or crossfire-x?

Total: 10 votes (1 blank vote)

• Ati's crossfire-x mode
  • 89 %
  • Nvidia's sli mode
  • 0 %
  • One power dual-gpu having single card is better
  • 12 %
  • Non of these
  • 0 %
February 4, 2010 6:18:56 PM

For which dual card combination u would go for ... Sli of crossfire-x?...

More about : sli crossfire

a c 107 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 6:33:41 PM

Crossfire. While SLI does scale better, crossfire is more forgiving, AMD has eyeinfinity, and AMD has DX11 :D . For example, you can have 3 or 4 of just about any Radeon card that has two crossfire connectors, even a 4670, but on the nVidia side only the GTX 260 and above will allow for more than two GPUs. On the AMD side, motherboards supporting SLI are a little more problematic than boards supporting crossfire. On the Intel side, boards supporting SLI cost extra for the privilege.
a c 126 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 6:51:21 PM

I voted crossfire, as I have a HD5850 and plan to get another.

Although if you can afford to always get the high end single GPU then that would make sense.
Related resources
a c 217 U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 7:12:42 PM

You shouldn't have added the 3rd option, if you are trying to decide between SLI or CF. But given the choice, I'd go with a single card. If I had to choose between SLI or CF, I'd go CF atm, because they have the better cards on the market currently.
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 7:56:02 PM

megamanx00 said:
Crossfire. While SLI does scale better

Umm...

No..

They are pretty similar in the end with each having games that favor their scalability. This isn't 2006, it is 2010.
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 8:50:06 PM

To be fair AMW, Nvidia does seem to have a small lead in scaling even yet. It's nothing that would make me buy Nvidia over ATI though :p 
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 9:00:03 PM

jennyh said:
To be fair AMW, Nvidia does seem to have a small lead in scaling even yet. It's nothing that would make me buy Nvidia over ATI though :p 

I've never seen anything that points to a significant win, though SLI seems to be a little bit more consistent.
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 9:56:59 PM

I haven't seen any CF/SLI scaling benchmarks, and don't pull out some TWIMTBP games.
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2010 10:24:36 PM

Right now its ATI that has the best price/performance ratio in the high/enthusiast end so Id grab one of them if you are willing to spend that much.

If going for the mid/low range Id get the best price/performance card I could afford and SLI/Xfire another later. And of course I’d prefer the single most powerful card you can afford rather than getting SLI/Xfire right off the bat.
!