What would u go for sli or crossfire-x?..

For which dual card combination u would go for ... Sli of crossfire-x?...
8 answers Last reply
More about what crossfire
  1. Crossfire. While SLI does scale better, crossfire is more forgiving, AMD has eyeinfinity, and AMD has DX11 :D. For example, you can have 3 or 4 of just about any Radeon card that has two crossfire connectors, even a 4670, but on the nVidia side only the GTX 260 and above will allow for more than two GPUs. On the AMD side, motherboards supporting SLI are a little more problematic than boards supporting crossfire. On the Intel side, boards supporting SLI cost extra for the privilege.
  2. I voted crossfire, as I have a HD5850 and plan to get another.

Although if you can afford to always get the high end single GPU then that would make sense.
  3. You shouldn't have added the 3rd option, if you are trying to decide between SLI or CF. But given the choice, I'd go with a single card. If I had to choose between SLI or CF, I'd go CF atm, because they have the better cards on the market currently.
  4. megamanx00 said:
    Crossfire. While SLI does scale better

Umm...

No..

They are pretty similar in the end with each having games that favor their scalability. This isn't 2006, it is 2010.
  5. To be fair AMW, Nvidia does seem to have a small lead in scaling even yet. It's nothing that would make me buy Nvidia over ATI though :p
  6. jennyh said:
    To be fair AMW, Nvidia does seem to have a small lead in scaling even yet. It's nothing that would make me buy Nvidia over ATI though :p

I've never seen anything that points to a significant win, though SLI seems to be a little bit more consistent.
  7. I haven't seen any CF/SLI scaling benchmarks, and don't pull out some TWIMTBP games.
  8. Right now its ATI that has the best price/performance ratio in the high/enthusiast end so Id grab one of them if you are willing to spend that much.

If going for the mid/low range Id get the best price/performance card I could afford and SLI/Xfire another later. And of course I’d prefer the single most powerful card you can afford rather than getting SLI/Xfire right off the bat.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Crossfire SLI Graphics Product