Blue Screen of death

My XP Professional machine suddenly acting strange. Now it's blue screeneing
saying , "IRQI-NOT-LESS-OR EQUAL." I've done a memory check and checked the
hard drive. No problems. Also, when it crashes and restarts the display is
reset to minimum resolution. I've tried the latest graphics drivers and
rolled back to an earlier version and no help.

What graphics card do you have? If you have an older Nvidia or ATI
then don't use the latest drivers. Try an older version. For example I have
a Nvidia GeForce3-Ti-200 and have to use 30.87 drivers. The 40 series and
above cause a
blue screen.
"Car Shooter" <Car Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My XP Professional machine suddenly acting strange. Now it's blue
> screeneing
> saying , "IRQI-NOT-LESS-OR EQUAL." I've done a memory check and checked
> the
> hard drive. No problems. Also, when it crashes and restarts the display
> is
> reset to minimum resolution. I've tried the latest graphics drivers and
> rolled back to an earlier version and no help.

I have an ATI 9800 Pro with 128mb memory. I've tried rolling back the driver
with no luck. I also noticed that after crashing the computer restarted in
minimum-resolution mode.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> What graphics card do you have? If you have an older Nvidia or ATI
> then don't use the latest drivers. Try an older version. For example I have
> a Nvidia GeForce3-Ti-200 and have to use 30.87 drivers. The 40 series and
> above cause a
> blue screen.
> "Car Shooter" <Car Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My XP Professional machine suddenly acting strange. Now it's blue
> > screeneing
> > saying , "IRQI-NOT-LESS-OR EQUAL." I've done a memory check and checked
> > the
> > hard drive. No problems. Also, when it crashes and restarts the display
> > is
> > reset to minimum resolution. I've tried the latest graphics drivers and
> > rolled back to an earlier version and no help.

Hi Rich,

My name is Josh and I work at Microsoft helping to test graphics for
DirectX. To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to
enable driver verifier.

Steps:

1) Windows Key + R

2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter

3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next

4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish

5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump my way. If you have any questions or I didn't
explain something well enough don't hesitate to e-mail me back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
VIDOCA and OpenGL Test Labs
Microsoft
-----