Solved

Cracked CPU fan - replacement?

Hey, I have a hyper tx2 coolermaster CPU cooler, but my fan is cracked on it and now it makes a loud cracking noise when it spins. I'm looking to replace it, but I'm not sure what I need. This is what I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103031R&cm_re=hyper_tx2-_-35-103-031R-_-Product

It says 92mm fan... can I just get any fan that size? I'm looking at some but they say "case fan", so I'm not sure if that would work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

edit: Also, any suggestions on how to fix a cracked CPU fan? There is just a slight crack in the center of the fan; I was just going to throw some tape on it and hope it at least muffles the sound if nothing else.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cracked replacement
  1. Best answer
    Here's a nice variable speed PWM fan that will work:

COOLER MASTER R4-BM9S-28PK-R0 Blade Master 92mm Case Fan $8.99

It even says "Recommended for Hyper TX3, Hyper N 520, Hyper TX2, Vortex 752 and other 92mm CPU coolers" in the Newegg description.
  2. Best answer selected by billtimbob.
  3. Any one will work but you will want to make sure it has a 3 or 4 pin connector and not a molex connector in order to not get an error about the CPU fan not working - This is a replacement that is the same as what came with the heatsink
  4. Awesome, exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find. I actually just slapped some tape on the fan and now it's not making the noise anymore, and it doesn't seem to be affecting any airflow either. So I think I'll hold off on the new fan, but good to know if I ever need it. Thanks.
  5. Is it duct tape? It's not an official technicians fix unless you used duct tape. ;-)
  6. shortstuff_mt said:
    Here's a nice variable speed PWM fan that will work:

COOLER MASTER R4-BM9S-28PK-R0 Blade Master 92mm Case Fan $8.99

It even says "Recommended for Hyper TX3, Hyper N 520, Hyper TX2, Vortex 752 and other 92mm CPU coolers" in the Newegg description.

Heheh, I was looking at the user reviews and saw this:

" Pros: Great Fan - was looking to buy it to add as a second fan for a TX3 heatsink. - See other thoughts
    Cons: Price !! - See other thoughts.
    Other Thoughts: Why would you buy this at $8.99 + $5.99 shipping - when for $14.99 and Free shipping (or one cent extra) you can get the TX3 Heatsink and fan CPU cooler including all of the mounting brackets for various systems and a tube of thermal grease - Quess I'll spend the extra penny and get another heatsink for back up in case the fins on the other get bent. ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103064 )."
  7. Crashman said:
    Heheh, I was looking at the user reviews and saw this:

" Pros: Great Fan - was looking to buy it to add as a second fan for a TX3 heatsink. - See other thoughts
    Cons: Price !! - See other thoughts.
    Other Thoughts: Why would you buy this at $8.99 + $5.99 shipping - when for $14.99 and Free shipping (or one cent extra) you can get the TX3 Heatsink and fan CPU cooler including all of the mounting brackets for various systems and a tube of thermal grease - Quess I'll spend the extra penny and get another heatsink for back up in case the fins on the other get bent. ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103064 )."

LOL - that was my review when I bought my TX3 they had the TX3 on sale for $14.99 with free shipping (I also had a $10 off next purchase code that had to be used that week - so got it for $4.99 delivered) - was thinking about getting a second fan to add to it since I had gotten a good price but realized I might as well get the second TX3 and just store the Heatsink for later !! (though I wound up using an extra fan I already had sitting around the house instead !)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooler Master Fan Product