OC wth Intel i7 3930k

angrygamer1986

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I recently bought Intel 3930k and Sabertooth x79. This is the fist time i ever tried to use OC, nevertheless the first time I have ever build my own PC. I just threw this setup together after some research (of which information was suprisingly scarce on the subject on how to do so). I eventually came to this setup:

Multiplier at 40
BCLK at 104.0
CPU VCORE at 1.20
DDR3 4 x 4Gb 1.5V 1600Mhz (if this even matters)

Final CPU Mhz is at 4160

I am using the EVGA GTX 660 ti (currently not usuing manuel OC) and can run pretty much any game program i want without the system slowing down. I just figured i would get an opinion from the experts reguarding if this setup should run stable the way I have it. And if you are not sure, where could I find a trustworthy software to stress test my system? Preferably a free one.

Personally, I would think you might get a bit more out of it depending upon your cooling solution. You should (as a practice) run stress tests any time you establish new clocks. These stress tests are good (and free) Prime95, Everest, Superpi, OCCT, IntelBurnTest, SiSoftware Sandra, Memtest86, Furmark
also run CPU-Z and CoreTemp to monitor your system.
Good Luck

angrygamer1986

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012

I am using cooler master hyper 212. Without a load the CPU runs at around 31c-36c and with a load (by that i mean gaming) it stays around 40c-44c. Would anyone have a link to one of these stress test sofwares by any chance?