1 x XSPC x20 750 pump / res combo
1 x aquacomputer high flow sensor
2 x phobia inline temp sensor
1 x Aquero 5 Pro fan controler
1 x EK cup high flow block
1 x EK hd 6870 full block
1 x EK standard high flow vga block
1x MOSAF Block
1 x Aquacomputer aquerio block ( for aquero 5 pro )
6 x 120mm fans in push pull config on 360 rad running at 1100 rpm currently

Cpu temp at idle is 32 deg c and maxes out at around 50 when playing crysis 2 on extreeme in 5760 x 1080

loop temp is 27.1 on idle and 32.1 on full load
flow rate is 79 liters per hour or 1.31 litres per min or .3gallons per min ???? is this ok ?
i have used about 5ft of 1/2 in ID 3/8 OD uv tubing with 6 90 degree conectors
1 x I5 2500k
1 x p8p67 pro mb
16gb corsair vengance ram (4x 4gb ddr3)
2 x AMD hd 6870 in crosfire

Can anyone give me some advice on whether i need another pump or other bits ?

Thanks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Flowrate leaves a lot to be desired...usually the low end of what most recommend is 0.50-0.75 gal/min. However, if you feel your temps are satisfactory, then that is your choice - what are your GPU load temps? CPU load is fairly normal.

Your weak point is definitely your pump; both in flow rate and head pressure.

gatekeeper_si

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Running Furmark gpu stress test
5760 x 1080
2 xmsaa
bench marks at
GPU 1 = 49 deg c
GPU 2= 45 deg c

pc is not currently over clocked but will be later on
should i add a second pump ? will that improve temps .. as i say i will be over clocking it to its max but i havent got round to it yet

Si

gatekeeper_si

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

Running Furmark gpu stress test
5760 x 1080
2 xmsaa
bench marks at
GPU 1 = 49 deg c
GPU 2= 45 deg c

pc is not currently over clocked but will be later on
should i add a second pump ? will that improve temps .. as i say i will be over clocking it to its max but i havent got round to it yet

Si

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I'd consider a different pump altogether. X20 750 isn't that powerful, especially when you start adding more restrictive components (and multiples of them) to a loop. Just as an FYI- 'high flow' doesn't necessarily mean it really is a high flowing block when compared to other, similar components by other manufacturers.

1 x EK 360 rad (120 mm x 59mm x 360 mm)
1 x XSPC x20 750 pump / res combo

1 x EK cpu high flow block

1 x EK hd 6870 full block
1 x EK standard high flow vga block
-What's the difference between these blocks?

1x MOSAF Block
-MOSFET block for motherboard?

1 x Aquacomputer aquerio block ( for aquero 5 pro )
1 x aquacomputer high flow sensor
-What's the difference between these?

2 x phobia inline temp sensor
-Why this plus the other sensors listed above?

gatekeeper_si

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

the EK hd6870 full block is a full water block and the EK high flow vga block is a CPU only waterblock covering the gpu prossessor ( seperate heatsinks on the vram chips)
the 2 grapics cards although the same 6870's are both slightly different cards and one card has a full waterblock and the other does not .. i didnt know this when i purchased the second card.
After purchasing both cards i discovered the system was shutting down from the grapics cards over heating and the only way for me to solve this was to water cool them hence this project....

sorry bad spelling MOSFET water blockblock for motherboard

the aquacomputer aquerio water block (for the aquerio 5 pro which is a fan controler)
the aquacomputer high flow sensor is exactly what it says it is ..... a high flow sensor

the 2 x phobya inline temperature sensors were available at the time of purchasing and others were not .....

gatekeeper_si

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
there is 1 flow sensor an 2 temp sensors one after the rad and one before the res....
loop goes like this :
pump/res - rad - flow sensor- temp sensor- cpu block- mosfet block - gpu1 block - gpu 2 block - fan controler water block- temp sensor2 - and back to pump/res

gatekeeper_si

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
IMAG0193.jpg

gputempload2.jpg

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I don't see the need to have all those sensors just for the sake of having them. It's truly more than you need as CoreTemp/RealTemp/Speedfan, etc are all free temp monitoring solutions you can install to keep tabs on your CPU and GPUs.

I didn't expect you to get the temps you see with as low of flow you are running unless something isn't reporting correctly. You might consider a better pump if you plan to run that loop for any length of time...X20 pump isn't that great of a pump. It's decent and works well for a small loop, but you are running some decent restriction with 2 GPUs and a MB block as well as all sorts of sensors, etc.

gatekeeper_si

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

The 2 temperature sensors are in the waterloop to keep an eye on the temp of the coolant and to help with working out the delta T

The flow sensor well it measures the flow of if the pump fails the system automatically shuts down without breaking the rest of the hardware
the programs you are talking about will not gather any of the info i require to keep the system from overheating in the event of pump failure

As you say the pump isnt the best in the world and i am considering a second pump to increase the flow rate and hopefully increase the efficency of the cooling
as my system in now over colcked my I5 2500K to 5.1ghz and its running stably
The flow sensor is configuresas per martinsliquid labs spec

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You can monitor system temps using the software mentioned above and it will also shutdown your system based on temperature threshold. Also, your hardware is equipped with thermal shutdown and will do a hard shutdown before damage is done.

You shouldn't need to keep track of water temp if you are monitoring your load temps, but that's a personal preference.

I would recommend not getting another pump like you have but getting a replacement pump that is better. If you are buying a pump, just get a single good one and that should suffice, but another X20 is a cheaper option, so I understand that.

gatekeeper_si

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

I will get anoher pump probably an aquacomputer aquastream standard ... i was thinking of using it in series with the x20 pump res ... buying a new res just adds expence i cant afford

If you are adding another pump, make it another X20 750L, or scrap the X20 you have and have two new matched pumps, I run a lot more than you on two X20 750s and flowrate isn't an issue,
one water sensor is enough as well, the temp doesn't move more n one-two degrees throughout the entire loop
Moto