Motherboard wont let me turn off pc

RedMonarch

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hi people, ok here's my problem, its been a couple of months since i cant turn off the my computer the "normal" way, i have to use the power switch to turn it off, if i try to do it the normal way it just reboots. Every part in my computer works perfectly, except the motherboard. I know its bad for the pc to turn off like that, so my question is, how bad is it to turn off my pc like that? would it affect other components?. Thanks you very much. Ps: id love to change my mother but i really dont have the money for it, at least not yet.

There is a good chance that your problem is actually the PSU - specifically the standby circuits inside.

Does it look like the system is trying to shut down, then nothing happens? Or does it look like the PC is not even trying to shutdown?

And when you say you are using the power switch, do you mean the case switch or the switch on the back of the PSU?

RedMonarch

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
when i try to turn it off it looks like it going to turn off, but then the screen goes black and it reboots. With the power switch i mean the one in the case, ive got a corsair 650w, before i had the cxorsair i had another one and i never had nay problems with, until i switched to corsair, i thought it was the mother cause all the other componetns are new.