New SSD & Windows 7 not installing

Twistedben

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hello everyone, thanks in advance.

I just put a OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD into my system. I previously had 2 Caviar Blacks in Raid 0, and plan to use them for storage after I get this SSD working as a boot/game drive. After installing the SSD, I tried to do an Image restore on it and it failed, so I said f*** it and decided to do a fresh install. I unplugged my Caviar Blacks and booted from my CD-Drive with the Windows 7 Installation 64-bit in the drive. My bios recognized the OCZ and when it boots it says BOOTMNGR missing, which I imagine is normal without a OS on it. I started the installation of Windows 7 on my SSD and it got to "Expanding Files..." and stopped with an error code after about 6% completion. The partition I'm installing it to says 118.9gb out of 118.9gb. The error I get says: "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are avialable and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x80070015." At one point, before this, I got some type of error saying EIF and MPT or something. My bios SATA is set to Raid which should work considering Intel supports AHCI in Raid mode. The SSD is plugged into a Sata3 6gbps controller. I've tried installing windows multiple times, deleting, formatting partitions, everything.

Please if you have any idea, help. I am at such a loss right now.

My system is:
Asrock Fatal1ty p67 Mobo
8gb Ram GSKILL Sniper
Intel i7-2600K
Asus 580gtx
Corsair 850W Professional series
WD Caviar Black 1tb x 2 RAID 0

Twistedben

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Got past the BOOTMGR and still had a problem. Went to install windows through a booted thumb drive and got to 13% before I got an error saying something slightly different: "Windows cannot install required files. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are availiable and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070002"

TRENDING THREADS