MA785GM-US2H | Onboard IGP question

mick3035

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Not sure if this should be posted in the mobo section or graphics section, but...

I have a Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H and I just purchased a discreet graphics card (Radeon HD 4670 - got a good deal on it).

My question is do I need to "disable" the onboard IGP after I install the new graphics card? Is there even a way to do that on this mobo? Or is it even necessary?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution
If I got the manual for the proper revision of your board, you'll want to toggle to following in the BIOS (mhelm1's steps tell you when to change this):

On the Advanced BIOS Features page of your BIOS:

Set "Integrated Graphics Mode" to disabled.
Set "Init Display First" to PEG.

That should do it.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Yes, In Bios you should have a selection for onboard video.
Install the driver(or ccc and driver) for your new card. Turn off computer, pull plug, open case.
Install new card. Connect monitor to new card. Boot to Bios and disable onboard video. reboot.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
If I got the manual for the proper revision of your board, you'll want to toggle to following in the BIOS (mhelm1's steps tell you when to change this):

On the Advanced BIOS Features page of your BIOS:

Set "Integrated Graphics Mode" to disabled.
Set "Init Display First" to PEG.

That should do it.

Solution

mick3035

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Thanks, guys. Worked perfectly. My option was actually for "IGX" in BIOS, but same difference. And for anybody else with the same mobo, just FYI, when you disable the onboard graphics, you get a half gig of RAM back for your system.