Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 225BW - Flushed red, OSD menu not working, and DDC/CI is saying that its

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 4, 2010 10:09:14 PM

My OSD menu does not work on my samsung 225bw anymore, its out of warranty (actually its in warranty theoretically, but for the replacelemt monitors' warranty that I now own does not carry over from the original purchase date) so basicall I'm on my own.

The main issue is that everything is flushed with red. I believe its a magicbrite issue because I had been able to change the settings without seeing the OSD menu (using my imagination and memory) before to a different setting and the menu would ....magically pop up.

The monitor is DDC/CI capable, so I was excited to see these programs. In my mind it would've solved everything. I tried Display Tuner, and softMCCS but only to recieve the same message... that my monitor is not DDC/CI compliant. Did I mention everythings red? my eyes hurt:( 

Any suggestions? or is the mainboard fried.

My video card is an ati x800 all-in-wonder, motherboard asus k8v deluxe motherboard - i'd attach a dxdiag but im not sure if it'd help in this situation.
Thanks for your help
February 4, 2010 10:10:07 PM

right, sorry about the title .... software saying that DDC/CI is not available
!