Computer crashes and wont start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valheru326

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Hi, Firstly not sure if I am posting in the right place, if not could someone please tell me where I should post :)

So I've had my computer overclocked for the past year with zero problems, I have not had a BSOD or any freezes in this time. Recently however my computer screen will go completely white and lock up. I am assuming this is a BSOD even though its not showing the typical blue screen? After the white screen if I try to restart my computer it wont start at all for usually about 2 hours. When I press the on button the fans and lights will come on briefly then go off and this is repeated till I pull out the power plug. After about 2 hours however, it starts up fine and works flawlessly for a few days or a week maybe, then the same problem happens again.

My system is:
i7960 @ 4.0GHz cooled with corsair H50
2* EVGA GTX480 in SLI
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev. 1
Corsair HX1000 Power supply
WD 2TB Caviar Black
12GB of G. Skill Trident RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

I have no idea what might be causing the problem and any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post additional details if needed.

Thanks for your time,

Denis.

Solution
I have had a bad PSU do this before. The PSU takes time to cool off and will not restart for a few hours.
All tother items will cool off within 30 min or sooner(not including HD).

valheru326

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Yeah, I've already tried with 1 and no graphics cards and various sticks of RAM. Have reset all voltages and stuff also, doesn't seam to have an effect.

Has been about 5 hours since the last crash and it wont turn on at all still.

Thanks for the reply.

valheru326

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Was running a 4GHz overclock on cpu, up from 3.2GHz. Was at 166MHz bus speed *24 multiplier if that helps. CPU voltage was increased a little, thoguh not much and everything else was at stock values.

The ram was at 1660MHz even though default was supposed to be 2000MHz. I could never get my computer to even start with the RAM at 2000MHz and the MB defaulted it to 1066MHz.

olin9

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I have had a bad PSU do this before. The PSU takes time to cool off and will not restart for a few hours.
All tother items will cool off within 30 min or sooner(not including HD).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.