womble help needed

i just downloaded womble mpeg video wizard to test out for editing my
recorded shows. I can't seem to figure out how to "cut" the commercials out
quickly. The help isn't that great either. Can anyone point me to some
online tutorials or just give me the 2 minute how to? I just need to get on
the right track and then I can figure out the rest.

if anyone out there who has this application and has used it and wouldn't
mind helping me out a little, i'd sincerely appreciate it, not to mention
you would be making my life just a little easier; good karma for you!

thanks in advance,

TB in Austin

ps--i am using Update Release March 2005
39 answers Last reply
More about womble needed

    T.B. wrote:
    > i just downloaded womble mpeg video wizard to test out for editing my
    > recorded shows. I can't seem to figure out how to "cut" the commercials out
    > quickly. The help isn't that great either. Can anyone point me to some
    > online tutorials or just give me the 2 minute how to? I just need to get on
    > the right track and then I can figure out the rest.
    >
    > if anyone out there who has this application and has used it and wouldn't
    > mind helping me out a little, i'd sincerely appreciate it, not to mention
    > you would be making my life just a little easier; good karma for you!
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    >
    > TB in Austin
    >
    > ps--i am using Update Release March 2005

    In order to be fully compatible to burn to dvd w/o video/audio sync
    problems you should split the file up and putthe segments on the
    clipboard and re-assemble.

    ie:

    1) look at the first part and when the first commercial begins, put mark
    out indicator.

    2) Save this to clipboard (#1)

    3) go to the end of the commercial and put a "mark in" when the next
    commercial appears put a "mark out".

    4) Save this to clipboard.

    5) Repeat 3 and 4 till you are done.

    6) Close the center box.

    7) drag the last clip to the center.

    8) move the "in point" to the beginning.

    9) Drag the next clip to the center. The screen that pops up allows you
    to add effects like fade and wipe if you desire.

    10) repeat 8 and 9 till you're finished

    11) Save the file (round cylinder pictograph)

    Womble's big brother MPEG Wizard allows you to load the Replay .evt file
    and automatically put in the bookmarks for the commercials. Tweak them
    and hit done and it will remove the commercials and re-assemble the file.

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 23:37:34 -0500, "T.B."
    <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:

    >i just downloaded womble mpeg video wizard to test out for editing my
    >recorded shows. I can't seem to figure out how to "cut" the commercials out
    >quickly. The help isn't that great either. Can anyone point me to some
    >online tutorials or just give me the 2 minute how to? I just need to get on
    >the right track and then I can figure out the rest.
    >
    >if anyone out there who has this application and has used it and wouldn't
    >mind helping me out a little, i'd sincerely appreciate it, not to mention
    >you would be making my life just a little easier; good karma for you!
    >
    >thanks in advance,
    >
    >TB in Austin
    >
    >ps--i am using Update Release March 2005

    I use that program regularly, and you can edit commercials much more
    easily than some people think.

    1. Move the slider to the beginning of the commercial.

    2. Click the "mark in" button (it's an arrow pointing to the left and
    then up).

    3. Move the slider to the end of the commercial.

    4. Click the "mark out" button (i.t's an arrow pointing to the right
    and then up).

    5. Click the "cut" button (it's the leftmost of the 3 buttons that
    look like scissors).

    The result will not be on disk until you save it. Be sure to use a
    DIFFERENT filename from the source.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    still fall for that scam."

    They used to have two "how-tos" posted, which helped me get started ... and
    give me a refresher when I haven't used the software for a while. But now I
    see that both are no longer there. They do have a forum now, however.
    Haven't checked it out, but here's the link:

    http://www.mpegvideowizard.com/surfsignals/forums/index.php

    Regards,

    Margaret

    "T.B." <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote in message
    >i just downloaded womble mpeg video wizard to test out for editing my
    > recorded shows. I can't seem to figure out how to "cut" the commercials
    > out
    > quickly. The help isn't that great either. Can anyone point me to some
    > online tutorials or just give me the 2 minute how to? I just need to get
    > on
    > the right track and then I can figure out the rest.
    >
    > if anyone out there who has this application and has used it and wouldn't
    > mind helping me out a little, i'd sincerely appreciate it, not to mention
    > you would be making my life just a little easier; good karma for you!
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    >
    > TB in Austin
    >
    > ps--i am using Update Release March 2005

    > I use that program regularly, and you can edit commercials much more
    > easily than some people think.
    >
    > 1. Move the slider to the beginning of the commercial.
    >
    > 2. Click the "mark in" button (it's an arrow pointing to the left and
    > then up).
    >
    > 3. Move the slider to the end of the commercial.
    >
    > 4. Click the "mark out" button (i.t's an arrow pointing to the right
    > and then up).
    >
    > 5. Click the "cut" button (it's the leftmost of the 3 buttons that
    > look like scissors).
    >
    > The result will not be on disk until you save it. Be sure to use a
    > DIFFERENT filename from the source.

    Are you talking about the "Input Window" ? I see a "Mark In" and a "Mark
    Out". I only see two scissors buttons "Trim Left" and "Trim Right".
    Following the other directions I was able to trim from the start of the show
    to the first commercial, drag that to the timeline window. Trim from the end
    of the first commercials to the begining of the second commercials and drag
    that to the time line, etc... to the end of the show.

    When I tried with the above instructions, I only got the commercials.

    Thanks for your patience with NOOBs. I try not to ask questions without
    reading others posts or the help or FAQ sites.

    Danny

    hey all, thanks for the help and advice. i have it figured out now at a
    basic enough level to at least get the show from my RTV to my PC and edit
    out the commercials with Womble.

    Now i'm going to try and use TMPGEnc to reencode it for VCD burning. Any
    advice or pitfalls to avoid?

    thanks again for the help,

    TB in Austin

    "T.B." <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote in message
    > i just downloaded womble mpeg video wizard to test out for editing my
    > recorded shows. I can't seem to figure out how to "cut" the commercials
    out
    > quickly. The help isn't that great either. Can anyone point me to some
    > online tutorials or just give me the 2 minute how to? I just need to get
    on
    > the right track and then I can figure out the rest.
    >
    > if anyone out there who has this application and has used it and wouldn't
    > mind helping me out a little, i'd sincerely appreciate it, not to mention
    > you would be making my life just a little easier; good karma for you!
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    >
    > TB in Austin
    >
    > ps--i am using Update Release March 2005

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:22:43 -0600, "Danny Hobbs"
    <danhobbs_OutofHere_@valornet.com> wrote:

    >> I use that program regularly, and you can edit commercials much more
    >> easily than some people think.
    >>
    >> 1. Move the slider to the beginning of the commercial.
    >>
    >> 2. Click the "mark in" button (it's an arrow pointing to the left and
    >> then up).
    >>
    >> 3. Move the slider to the end of the commercial.
    >>
    >> 4. Click the "mark out" button (i.t's an arrow pointing to the right
    >> and then up).
    >>
    >> 5. Click the "cut" button (it's the leftmost of the 3 buttons that
    >> look like scissors).
    >>
    >> The result will not be on disk until you save it. Be sure to use a
    >> DIFFERENT filename from the source.
    >
    >Are you talking about the "Input Window" ?

    I don't know what it's called, but it's the window you get after yoy
    open a file.

    >I see a "Mark In" and a "Mark
    >Out". I only see two scissors buttons "Trim Left" and "Trim Right".

    I have 3. Those 2 and one immediately to the left of them labeled
    "cut" on the line at the bottom. I don't remember having seen only 2
    (and I've used it to edit about 700 different shows).

    >Following the other directions I was able to trim from the start of the show
    >to the first commercial, drag that to the timeline window. Trim from the end
    >of the first commercials to the begining of the second commercials and drag
    >that to the time line, etc... to the end of the show.
    >
    >When I tried with the above instructions, I only got the commercials.

    You would using one of the "trim" buttons". You use both "mark in" and
    "mark out", and then the "cut" button to remove the material between
    them.

    >Thanks for your patience with NOOBs. I try not to ask questions without
    >reading others posts or the help or FAQ sites.

    While replying, I've been trying opening several video files (most
    Replay transfers) and have not gotten ANY to show only 2 scissors
    buttons. Could you possibly have the wrong version of MPEG-VCR? When I
    click on "Help > "About..." the first line I get says "MPEG-VCR V3.14
    (MPEG-2) (06/2004)".

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 02:54:22 -0500, "T.B."
    <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:

    >hey all, thanks for the help and advice. i have it figured out now at a
    >basic enough level to at least get the show from my RTV to my PC and edit
    >out the commercials with Womble.
    >
    >Now i'm going to try and use TMPGEnc to reencode it for VCD burning. Any
    >advice or pitfalls to avoid?

    There's no need for that. The output of MPEG-VCR is suitable for
    burning already. If you want to reencode, you can get MPEG-VCR to do
    that (look at the "video" options while saving.

    When I first started making DVDs from the Replay, I was using TMPGEnc
    and had a significant failure (audio stuttering) rate. About 20% of
    DVDs had to be redone because of it. Swithcing to MPEG-VCR solved that
    problem.

    "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:22:43 -0600, "Danny Hobbs"
    > <danhobbs_OutofHere_@valornet.com> wrote:
    >
    >>> I use that program regularly, and you can edit commercials much more
    >>> easily than some people think.
    >>>
    >>> 1. Move the slider to the beginning of the commercial.
    >>>
    >>> 2. Click the "mark in" button (it's an arrow pointing to the left and
    >>> then up).
    >>>
    >>> 3. Move the slider to the end of the commercial.
    >>>
    >>> 4. Click the "mark out" button (i.t's an arrow pointing to the right
    >>> and then up).
    >>>
    >>> 5. Click the "cut" button (it's the leftmost of the 3 buttons that
    >>> look like scissors).
    >>>
    >>> The result will not be on disk until you save it. Be sure to use a
    >>> DIFFERENT filename from the source.
    >>
    >>Are you talking about the "Input Window" ?
    >
    > I don't know what it's called, but it's the window you get after yoy
    > open a file.
    >
    >>I see a "Mark In" and a "Mark
    >>Out". I only see two scissors buttons "Trim Left" and "Trim Right".
    >
    > I have 3. Those 2 and one immediately to the left of them labeled
    > "cut" on the line at the bottom. I don't remember having seen only 2
    > (and I've used it to edit about 700 different shows).
    >
    >>Following the other directions I was able to trim from the start of the
    >>show
    >>to the first commercial, drag that to the timeline window. Trim from the
    >>end
    >>of the first commercials to the begining of the second commercials and
    >>drag
    >>that to the time line, etc... to the end of the show.
    >>
    >>When I tried with the above instructions, I only got the commercials.
    >>

    > You would using one of the "trim" buttons". You use both "mark in" and
    > "mark out", and then the "cut" button to remove the material between
    > them.
    >
    >>Thanks for your patience with NOOBs. I try not to ask questions without
    >>reading others posts or the help or FAQ sites.
    >>

    > While replying, I've been trying opening several video files (most
    > Replay transfers) and have not gotten ANY to show only 2 scissors
    > buttons. Could you possibly have the wrong version of MPEG-VCR? When I
    > click on "Help > "About..." the first line I get says "MPEG-VCR V3.14
    > (MPEG-2) (06/2004)".

    That may be the diference: MPEG-VCR, I am trying "MPEG Video Wizard". When
    people speak of "Womble", I went to the web site and thought the "video
    wizard" is what everyone was using. I will d/l the mpeg-vcr and give it a
    try.

    Thanks,

    >>Danny
    >>

    > --
    > Mark Lloyd
    > has a Replay 5xxx
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >
    > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > created and still runs this old universe is so
    > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > still fall for that scam."

    I got the Mpeg-VCR and it worked like a charm. Burned two videos to a DVD
    with Roxio and played in the DVD player with no problems. It is nice to have
    others to help you along.

    Thanks,

    Danny
  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:23:16 -0600, "Danny Hobbs"
    <danhobbs_OutofHere_@valornet.com> wrote:

    >I got the Mpeg-VCR and it worked like a charm. Burned two videos to a DVD
    >with Roxio and played in the DVD player with no problems. It is nice to have
    >others to help you along.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Danny

    And it's nice tyo have your help acknowledged. Most people ignore help
    they get.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  11. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Mark, T.B. And all. Please excuse the top posting but I wanted you guys to
    see this. You have been carrying on for awhile on this, so I got to digging
    around and came up with Jim Barr's most excellent guide for using the
    Replay. Have fun, and you may want to leave a small contribution as well.
    http://g04.com/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=26

    On 6/11/05 9:58 AM, in article upula1dbq5o4m6f21g907278131q5bi3ij@4ax.com,
    "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 02:54:22 -0500, "T.B."
    > <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >
    >> hey all, thanks for the help and advice. i have it figured out now at a
    >> basic enough level to at least get the show from my RTV to my PC and edit
    >> out the commercials with Womble.
    >>
    >> Now i'm going to try and use TMPGEnc to reencode it for VCD burning. Any
    >> advice or pitfalls to avoid?
    >>

    > There's no need for that. The output of MPEG-VCR is suitable for
    > burning already. If you want to reencode, you can get MPEG-VCR to do
    > that (look at the "video" options while saving.
    >
    > When I first started making DVDs from the Replay, I was using TMPGEnc
    > and had a significant failure (audio stuttering) rate. About 20% of
    > DVDs had to be redone because of it. Swithcing to MPEG-VCR solved that
    > problem.
    >
    >> thanks again for the help,
    >>
    >> TB in Austin
    >>
    >> "T.B." <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote in message
    >>> i just downloaded womble mpeg video wizard to test out for editing my
    >>> recorded shows. I can't seem to figure out how to "cut" the commercials
    >> out
    >>> quickly. The help isn't that great either. Can anyone point me to some
    >>> online tutorials or just give me the 2 minute how to? I just need to get
    >> on
    >>> the right track and then I can figure out the rest.
    >>>
    >>> if anyone out there who has this application and has used it and wouldn't
    >>> mind helping me out a little, i'd sincerely appreciate it, not to mention
    >>> you would be making my life just a little easier; good karma for you!
    >>>
    >>> thanks in advance,
    >>>
    >>> TB in Austin
    >>>
    >>> ps--i am using Update Release March 2005

  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    i too am using Mpeg Video Wizard, as per my original post.

    TB

    "Danny Hobbs" <danhobbs_OutofHere_@valornet.com> wrote in message

    > "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message

    > >>Are you talking about the "Input Window" ?
    > >
    > > I don't know what it's called, but it's the window you get after yoy
    > > open a file.
    > >
    > >>I see a "Mark In" and a "Mark
    > >>Out". I only see two scissors buttons "Trim Left" and "Trim Right".
    > >
    > > I have 3. Those 2 and one immediately to the left of them labeled
    > > "cut" on the line at the bottom. I don't remember having seen only 2
    > > (and I've used it to edit about 700 different shows).
    > >
    > >>Following the other directions I was able to trim from the start of the
    > >>show
    > >>to the first commercial, drag that to the timeline window. Trim from the
    > >>end
    > >>of the first commercials to the begining of the second commercials and
    > >>drag
    > >>that to the time line, etc... to the end of the show.
    > >>
    > >>When I tried with the above instructions, I only got the commercials.
    > >>

    > > You would using one of the "trim" buttons". You use both "mark in" and
    > > "mark out", and then the "cut" button to remove the material between
    > > them.
    > >
    > >>Thanks for your patience with NOOBs. I try not to ask questions without
    > >>reading others posts or the help or FAQ sites.
    > >>

    > > While replying, I've been trying opening several video files (most
    > > Replay transfers) and have not gotten ANY to show only 2 scissors
    > > buttons. Could you possibly have the wrong version of MPEG-VCR? When I
    > > click on "Help > "About..." the first line I get says "MPEG-VCR V3.14
    > > (MPEG-2) (06/2004)".
    >
    > That may be the diference: MPEG-VCR, I am trying "MPEG Video Wizard". When
    > people speak of "Womble", I went to the web site and thought the "video
    > wizard" is what everyone was using. I will d/l the mpeg-vcr and give it a
    > try.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > >>Danny
    > >>

    > > --
    > > Mark Lloyd
    > > has a Replay 5xxx
    > > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    > >
    > > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > > created and still runs this old universe is so
    > > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > > still fall for that scam."

  13. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    actually Mark, I too just had the same problem, using TMPGEnc to reencode
    for VCD burning. The audio is all messed up, although it works for about
    the first 5 minutes of the test I burned. Then it just goes to a stuttering
    type noise. After that the audio comes back, but is all out of sync.

    What is the difference between Mpeg Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR? I purchased
    Video Wizard as i thought it was more suitable for me. Do i need to get
    MPEGVCR?

    TB in Austin

    > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 02:54:22 -0500, "T.B."
    > <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >
    > >hey all, thanks for the help and advice. i have it figured out now at a
    > >basic enough level to at least get the show from my RTV to my PC and edit
    > >out the commercials with Womble.
    > >
    > >Now i'm going to try and use TMPGEnc to reencode it for VCD burning. Any
    > >advice or pitfalls to avoid?
    > >

    > There's no need for that. The output of MPEG-VCR is suitable for
    > burning already. If you want to reencode, you can get MPEG-VCR to do
    > that (look at the "video" options while saving.
    >
    > When I first started making DVDs from the Replay, I was using TMPGEnc
    > and had a significant failure (audio stuttering) rate. About 20% of
    > DVDs had to be redone because of it. Swithcing to MPEG-VCR solved that
    > problem.
    >
    > >thanks again for the help,
    > >
    > >TB in Austin
    > >
    > >"T.B." <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote in message
    > >> i just downloaded womble mpeg video wizard to test out for editing my
    > >> recorded shows. I can't seem to figure out how to "cut" the
    commercials
    > >out
    > >> quickly. The help isn't that great either. Can anyone point me to
    some
    > >> online tutorials or just give me the 2 minute how to? I just need to
    get
    > >on
    > >> the right track and then I can figure out the rest.
    > >>
    > >> if anyone out there who has this application and has used it and
    wouldn't
    > >> mind helping me out a little, i'd sincerely appreciate it, not to
    mention
    > >> you would be making my life just a little easier; good karma for you!
    > >>
    > >> thanks in advance,
    > >>
    > >> TB in Austin
    > >>
    > >> ps--i am using Update Release March 2005
    > >>

    > --
    > Mark Lloyd
    > has a Replay 5xxx
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >
    > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > created and still runs this old universe is so
    > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > still fall for that scam."
  14. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    "Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > 1) look at the first part and when the first commercial begins, put mark
    > out indicator.
    >
    > 2) Save this to clipboard (#1)
    >
    > 3) go to the end of the commercial and put a "mark in" when the next
    > commercial appears put a "mark out".
    >
    > 4) Save this to clipboard.
    >
    > 5) Repeat 3 and 4 till you are done.
    >
    > 6) Close the center box.
    >
    > 7) drag the last clip to the center.
    >
    > 8) move the "in point" to the beginning.
    >
    > 9) Drag the next clip to the center. The screen that pops up allows you
    > to add effects like fade and wipe if you desire.
    >
    > 10) repeat 8 and 9 till you're finished
    >
    > 11) Save the file (round cylinder pictograph)

    ok, i now have downloaded MPEG-VCR 3.14 and have followed your instructions
    above up to step 11. I now have 9 clips and have saved each one of them as
    a .mpg file.

    Now how to I converge all of the files into one larger .mpg?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > "Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > 1) look at the first part and when the first commercial begins, put mark
    > > out indicator.
    > >
    > > 2) Save this to clipboard (#1)
    > >
    > > 3) go to the end of the commercial and put a "mark in" when the next
    > > commercial appears put a "mark out".
    > >
    > > 4) Save this to clipboard.
    > >
    > > 5) Repeat 3 and 4 till you are done.
    > >
    > > 6) Close the center box.
    > >
    > > 7) drag the last clip to the center.
    > >
    > > 8) move the "in point" to the beginning.
    > >
    > > 9) Drag the next clip to the center. The screen that pops up allows you
    > > to add effects like fade and wipe if you desire.
    > >
    > > 10) repeat 8 and 9 till you're finished
    > >
    > > 11) Save the file (round cylinder pictograph)
    >
    > ok, i now have downloaded MPEG-VCR 3.14 and have followed your
    instructions
    > above up to step 11. I now have 9 clips and have saved each one of them
    as
    > a .mpg file.
    >
    > Now how to I converge all of the files into one larger .mpg?

    I definitely messed something up, and now have went back and followed
    the instructions a little more closely, and now that i have MPEG-VCR, they
    make more sense. I now have drag and dropped the clips into each other as
    per the instructions above, and MPEGVCR is now encoding one large mpeg-1 so
    that i can burn it to VCD. I will have to use TMPGEnc to split it though as
    it is about 900 MB file, right?

    thanks for your patience

    TB
  16. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:09:58 -0500, "T.B."
    <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:

    >actually Mark, I too just had the same problem, using TMPGEnc to reencode
    >for VCD burning. The audio is all messed up, although it works for about
    >the first 5 minutes of the test I burned. Then it just goes to a stuttering
    >type noise. After that the audio comes back, but is all out of sync.

    When I was using TMPGEnc to create MPEG files for DVD, that happened
    about 20% of the time, requiring redoing the encoding. I have since
    changed to MPEG-VCR and that has never happened.

    >What is the difference between Mpeg Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR? I purchased
    >Video Wizard as i thought it was more suitable for me. Do i need to get
    >MPEGVCR?

    I bought MPEG-VCR for that reason, and have never tried the more
    expensive program.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  17. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > I definitely messed something up, and now have went back and followed
    > the instructions a little more closely, and now that i have MPEG-VCR, they
    > make more sense. I now have drag and dropped the clips into each other as
    > per the instructions above, and MPEGVCR is now encoding one large mpeg-1 so
    > that i can burn it to VCD. I will have to use TMPGEnc to split it though as
    > it is about 900 MB file, right?
    >
    > thanks for your patience

    When you saved the file, you should got to "video" and select VCD. You
    don't need TMPGEnc.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    T.B. wrote:

    > actually Mark, I too just had the same problem, using TMPGEnc to reencode
    > for VCD burning. The audio is all messed up, although it works for about
    > the first 5 minutes of the test I burned. Then it just goes to a stuttering
    > type noise. After that the audio comes back, but is all out of sync.
    >
    > What is the difference between Mpeg Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR? I purchased
    > Video Wizard as i thought it was more suitable for me. Do i need to get
    > MPEGVCR?
    >
    > TB in Austin

    Wizard just has more features. You should not have used TMPGEnc. Womble
    auto corrects for some specific Replay error possibilities.

    And it is also possible to get sync problems if you don't re-assemble
    clips in REVERSE order as I previously outlined.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    the file i am using needs to be split to fit on two VCDs. what do y'all
    recommend to do this?

    TB

    > T.B. wrote:
    >
    > > actually Mark, I too just had the same problem, using TMPGEnc to
    reencode
    > > for VCD burning. The audio is all messed up, although it works for
    about
    > > the first 5 minutes of the test I burned. Then it just goes to a
    stuttering
    > > type noise. After that the audio comes back, but is all out of sync.
    > >
    > > What is the difference between Mpeg Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR? I
    purchased
    > > Video Wizard as i thought it was more suitable for me. Do i need to
    get
    > > MPEGVCR?
    > >
    > > TB in Austin
    > >
    > Wizard just has more features. You should not have used TMPGEnc. Womble
    > auto corrects for some specific Replay error possibilities.
    >
    > And it is also possible to get sync problems if you don't re-assemble
    > clips in REVERSE order as I previously outlined.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:01:06 -0500, "T.B."
    <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:

    >the file i am using needs to be split to fit on two VCDs. what do y'all
    >recommend to do this?

    MPEG-VCR will do that.

    >TB
    >
    >"Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> T.B. wrote:
    >>
    >> > actually Mark, I too just had the same problem, using TMPGEnc to
    >reencode
    >> > for VCD burning. The audio is all messed up, although it works for
    >about
    >> > the first 5 minutes of the test I burned. Then it just goes to a
    >stuttering
    >> > type noise. After that the audio comes back, but is all out of sync.
    >> >
    >> > What is the difference between Mpeg Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR? I
    >purchased
    >> > Video Wizard as i thought it was more suitable for me. Do i need to
    >get
    >> > MPEGVCR?
    >> >
    >> > TB in Austin
    >> >
    >> Wizard just has more features. You should not have used TMPGEnc. Womble
    >> auto corrects for some specific Replay error possibilities.
    >>
    >> And it is also possible to get sync problems if you don't re-assemble
    >> clips in REVERSE order as I previously outlined.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  21. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    I tested both MPEG-VCR and MPEG Video Wizard way back when I decided to
    purchase, and I ended up paying for Video Wizard. (You get licenses to
    both.) I know a lot of people use MPEG-VCR with good results, but I've
    found MPEG Video Wizard more user friendly, so I've stuck with it. I'm no
    wizard at it, because I don't use it that frequently, so the more intuitive
    user interface works better for me. :-)

    >i too am using Mpeg Video Wizard, as per my original post.
    >
    > TB
    >
    > "Danny Hobbs" <danhobbs_OutofHere_@valornet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message

    >> > I don't know what it's called, but it's the window you get after yoy
    >> > open a file.

    >> > I have 3. Those 2 and one immediately to the left of them labeled
    >> > "cut" on the line at the bottom. I don't remember having seen only 2
    >> > (and I've used it to edit about 700 different shows).

    >> > You would using one of the "trim" buttons". You use both "mark in" and
    >> > "mark out", and then the "cut" button to remove the material between
    >> > them.

    >> > While replying, I've been trying opening several video files (most
    >> > Replay transfers) and have not gotten ANY to show only 2 scissors
    >> > buttons. Could you possibly have the wrong version of MPEG-VCR? When I
    >> > click on "Help > "About..." the first line I get says "MPEG-VCR V3.14
    >> > (MPEG-2) (06/2004)".
    >>
    >> That may be the diference: MPEG-VCR, I am trying "MPEG Video Wizard".
    >> When
    >> people speak of "Womble", I went to the web site and thought the "video
    >> wizard" is what everyone was using. I will d/l the mpeg-vcr and give it a
    >> try.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    >> > --
    >> > Mark Lloyd
    >> > has a Replay 5xxx
    >> > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >> >
    >> > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    >> > created and still runs this old universe is so
    >> > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    >> > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    >> > still fall for that scam."

  22. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:49:16 -0400, Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >T.B. wrote:
    >
    >> actually Mark, I too just had the same problem, using TMPGEnc to reencode
    >> for VCD burning. The audio is all messed up, although it works for about
    >> the first 5 minutes of the test I burned. Then it just goes to a stuttering
    >> type noise. After that the audio comes back, but is all out of sync.
    >>
    >> What is the difference between Mpeg Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR? I purchased
    >> Video Wizard as i thought it was more suitable for me. Do i need to get
    >> MPEGVCR?
    >>
    >> TB in Austin
    >>
    >Wizard just has more features. You should not have used TMPGEnc. Womble
    >auto corrects for some specific Replay error possibilities.
    >
    >And it is also possible to get sync problems if you don't re-assemble
    >clips in REVERSE order as I previously outlined.

    What kind of sync problems? I've removed commercials from about 700
    hours of video without doing it that complicated way, and don't seem
    to have any sync problems. Could it actually be a defect on a
    particular Replay?

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  23. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    They are two different programs. Last I read on the Womble web site, they
    are putting all their development effort into MPEG Video Wizard. MPEG-VCR
    is an older program that gets minimal support ... or so the Womble web site
    used to say. (Haven't looked recently, so I don't know.) When I purchased
    MPEG Video Wizard, I also received a license key for MPEG-VCR. I'm assuming
    Womble still does this, but you might want to check the emails you received
    after your purchase, for sure. I tried both programs initially, and
    although Video Wizard *looks* more daunting than MPEG-VCR, I found the user
    interface to be more intuitive. A little playing around with it, and I was
    able to quickly edit out commercials (or front/end matter) and write out an
    MPEG suitable for burning to DVD. (I record using "medium" quality and then
    use TMPGEnc DVD Author to write and burn the DVD. I've also burned
    successfully using Nero.) Haven't had one coaster yet. BTW, that MPEG that
    Womble software writes out is standard MPEG format. I've been able to play
    it using popular DVD-playing software as well as my Philips DVP642
    DVD/Divx/MPEG player.

    One other thing, last night I went out to the Philips site to see if there
    was a new firmware for my DVP642, and I found that they're no longer posting
    firmware *at all.* Strange, eh? The last I got was firmware 1109, a few
    months back.

    > What is the difference between Mpeg Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR? I
    > purchased
    > Video Wizard as i thought it was more suitable for me. Do i need to get
    > MPEGVCR?
  24. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:01:06 -0500, "T.B."
    > <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >
    > >the file i am using needs to be split to fit on two VCDs. what do y'all
    > >recommend to do this?
    > >

    > MPEG-VCR will do that.

    ok, i have loaded the file and went to the place in the show where i wanted
    to cut it and clicked the Cut button.
    nothing happened. what am i doing wrong?

    what is the difference between cut, trim left and trim right?

    thanks
  25. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > > >the file i am using needs to be split to fit on two VCDs. what do
    y'all
    > > >recommend to do this?
    > > >

    > > MPEG-VCR will do that.
    > >
    > ok, i have loaded the file and went to the place in the show where i
    wanted
    > to cut it and clicked the Cut button.
    > nothing happened. what am i doing wrong?

    i didn't use mark in/mark out before I used Cut. Doh!
  26. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > >And it is also possible to get sync problems if you don't re-assemble
    > >clips in REVERSE order as I previously outlined.
    >
    > What kind of sync problems? I've removed commercials from about 700
    > hours of video without doing it that complicated way, and don't seem
    > to have any sync problems. Could it actually be a defect on a
    > particular Replay?

    I used TMPGEnc to convert the mpeg I was editing to VCD format. The file
    that it created had (to use your words) stuttering after about 5 minutes of
    perfectly fine video/audio. I could fast forward past the stuttering part
    but when I played anything after that, the video and audio were not synched.
    i can't remember if the audio was ahead of the video or vice versa. i
    tossed it...

    TB in Austin

    > --
    > Mark Lloyd
    > has a Replay 5xxx
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >
    > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > created and still runs this old universe is so
    > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > still fall for that scam."
  27. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:31:05 -0500, "T.B."
    <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:

    >> >And it is also possible to get sync problems if you don't re-assemble
    >> >clips in REVERSE order as I previously outlined.
    >>
    >> What kind of sync problems? I've removed commercials from about 700
    >> hours of video without doing it that complicated way, and don't seem
    >> to have any sync problems. Could it actually be a defect on a
    >> particular Replay?
    >>

    >I used TMPGEnc to convert the mpeg I was editing to VCD format. The file
    >that it created had (to use your words) stuttering after about 5 minutes of
    >perfectly fine video/audio. I could fast forward past the stuttering part
    >but when I played anything after that, the video and audio were not synched.
    >i can't remember if the audio was ahead of the video or vice versa. i
    >tossed it...

    That sounds like the problem I was getting about 20% of the time, when
    using TMPGEnc. It never happened after I changed to MPEG-VCR.

    There is no need for TMPGEnc when you use MPEG-VCR.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  28. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > >> What kind of sync problems? I've removed commercials from about 700
    > >> hours of video without doing it that complicated way, and don't seem
    > >> to have any sync problems. Could it actually be a defect on a
    > >> particular Replay?
    > >>

    > >I used TMPGEnc to convert the mpeg I was editing to VCD format. The file
    > >that it created had (to use your words) stuttering after about 5 minutes
    of
    > >perfectly fine video/audio. I could fast forward past the stuttering
    part
    > >but when I played anything after that, the video and audio were not
    synched.
    > >i can't remember if the audio was ahead of the video or vice versa. i
    > >tossed it...
    > >

    > That sounds like the problem I was getting about 20% of the time, when
    > using TMPGEnc. It never happened after I changed to MPEG-VCR.
    >
    > There is no need for TMPGEnc when you use MPEG-VCR.

    yes i won't be using it any more...

    > >TB in Austin
    > >

    > >> --
    > >> Mark Lloyd
    > >> has a Replay 5xxx
    > >> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    > >>
    > >> "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > >> created and still runs this old universe is so
    > >> childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > >> believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > >> still fall for that scam."
    > >

    > --
    > Mark Lloyd
    > has a Replay 5xxx
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >
    > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > created and still runs this old universe is so
    > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > still fall for that scam."
  29. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > When you saved the file, you should got to "video" and select VCD. You
    > don't need TMPGEnc.

    so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which option
    should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?

    TB in Austin
  30. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > "Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > When you saved the file, you should got to "video" and select VCD. You
    > > don't need TMPGEnc.
    >
    > so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    > commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which option
    > should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?

    according to the HELP I should be using MPEG-2 Program Stream (PS). Is that
    correct? Just wanted to be sure...
  31. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    T.B. wrote:
    > "T.B." <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>When you saved the file, you should got to "video" and select VCD. You
    >>>don't need TMPGEnc.
    >>
    >>so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    >>commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which option
    >>should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?
    >>

    > according to the HELP I should be using MPEG-2 Program Stream (PS). Is that
    > correct? Just wanted to be sure...

    Yes MPEG-2 is DVD standard
  32. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:39:24 -0500, "T.B."
    <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:

    >"Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> When you saved the file, you should got to "video" and select VCD. You
    >> don't need TMPGEnc.
    >
    >so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    >commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which option
    >should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?
    >
    >TB in Austin

    MPEG-2 Program Stream. If you're editing a Replay file, that'll be the
    default.

    Note that MPEG-1 would be used for a VCD.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  33. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:39:24 -0500, "T.B."
    > <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >

    > >"Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> When you saved the file, you should got to "video" and select VCD. You
    > >> don't need TMPGEnc.
    > >
    > >so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    > >commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which
    option
    > >should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?
    > >
    > >TB in Austin
    > >

    > MPEG-2 Program Stream. If you're editing a Replay file, that'll be the
    > default.
    >
    > Note that MPEG-1 would be used for a VCD.

    ok, so I have saved the MPG I am working with in the MPEG-2 Program
    Stream format. Now I am trying to burn it with Nero.
    do I need to author it now with something like DVDit or the like? or
    is ready to straight burn to DVD? Nero doesn't seem to like
    the file and is forcing me to do UDF, but still won't let me write it
    when I select that format...
  34. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:39:24 -0500, "T.B."
    >> <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    >> >so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    >> >commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which
    > option
    >> >should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?
    >> >
    >> >TB in Austin
    >> >

    >> MPEG-2 Program Stream. If you're editing a Replay file, that'll be the
    >> default.
    >>
    >> Note that MPEG-1 would be used for a VCD.
    >>
    > ok, so I have saved the MPG I am working with in the MPEG-2 Program
    > Stream format. Now I am trying to burn it with Nero.
    > do I need to author it now with something like DVDit or the like? or
    > is ready to straight burn to DVD? Nero doesn't seem to like
    > the file and is forcing me to do UDF, but still won't let me write it
    > when I select that format...

    While everyone is in a helpful mood, I am having a problem also.

    When burning a movie that is 2-3 gigs and less than 2 hours, Roxio estimates
    the movie will take 5 gigs of space and require 2 DVDs. Is this a normal
    occurance or should I use other DVD burning software?

    It would be nice if my DVD player would play MPEG2 files. That way I could
    just copy the Movie to the DVD instead of creating a DVD through Roxio.

    Thanks.

  35. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:39:53 -0500, "T.B."
    <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:

    >"Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:39:24 -0500, "T.B."
    >> <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    >> >so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    >> >commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which
    >option
    >> >should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?
    >> >
    >> >TB in Austin
    >> >

    >> MPEG-2 Program Stream. If you're editing a Replay file, that'll be the
    >> default.
    >>
    >> Note that MPEG-1 would be used for a VCD.
    >>
    > ok, so I have saved the MPG I am working with in the MPEG-2 Program
    >Stream format. Now I am trying to burn it with Nero.
    > do I need to author it now with something like DVDit or the like? or
    >is ready to straight burn to DVD? Nero doesn't seem to like
    > the file and is forcing me to do UDF, but still won't let me write it
    >when I select that format...

    This could happen because the file is too large. There seems to be a
    size limit of around 2GB. DVD authoring will take care of the problem,
    or if you really wanted a data DVD, you need to split the file. You
    can do that with MPEG-VCR (or just make it a video DVD).

    If you want a video DVD, you need to use an authoring program. If you
    have a recent version of Nero, you can use the "Nerovision Express"
    program that comes with Nero.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  36. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    What you need is a DVD authoring package that doesn't re-encode the video,
    since Womble has already produced MPEG2 code. I use TMPGEnc's DVD Author.
    It will also burn to DVD. Sometimes I use this for burning, sometimes I use
    Nero. But Nero will try to re-encode as will most other DVD authoring
    packages. Please note that TMPGEnc's DVD Author is *not* the TMPGEnc DVD
    encoder software that's been mentioned in this group before.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    "T.B." <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote in message

    > "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:39:24 -0500, "T.B."
    >> <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    >> >so i now have a DVD burner, and am using MPEG-VCR to edit out the
    >> >commercials. When I am done editing and go to save the file, which
    > option
    >> >should I choose to save it in if I will be burning to DVD?
    >> >
    >> >TB in Austin
    >> >

    >> MPEG-2 Program Stream. If you're editing a Replay file, that'll be the
    >> default.
    >>
    >> Note that MPEG-1 would be used for a VCD.
    >>
    > ok, so I have saved the MPG I am working with in the MPEG-2 Program
    > Stream format. Now I am trying to burn it with Nero.
    > do I need to author it now with something like DVDit or the like? or
    > is ready to straight burn to DVD? Nero doesn't seem to like
    > the file and is forcing me to do UDF, but still won't let me write it
    > when I select that format...

  37. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:03:57 -0600, "Danny Hobbs"
    <danhobbs_OutofHere_@valornet.com> wrote:

    >"T.B." <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message

    >> option

    >>> MPEG-2 Program Stream. If you're editing a Replay file, that'll be the
    >>> default.
    >>>
    >>> Note that MPEG-1 would be used for a VCD.
    >>>
    >> ok, so I have saved the MPG I am working with in the MPEG-2 Program
    >> Stream format. Now I am trying to burn it with Nero.
    >> do I need to author it now with something like DVDit or the like? or
    >> is ready to straight burn to DVD? Nero doesn't seem to like
    >> the file and is forcing me to do UDF, but still won't let me write it
    >> when I select that format...
    >
    >While everyone is in a helpful mood, I am having a problem also.
    >
    >When burning a movie that is 2-3 gigs and less than 2 hours,

    Sounds like you're using Medium Quality on the Replay. Often the only
    noticable difference from Standard will be that Medium takes twice as
    much space.

    >Roxio estimates
    >the movie will take 5 gigs of space and require 2 DVDs. Is this a normal
    >occurance or should I use other DVD burning software?

    It is. There's a discrepancy because it's being converted to DVD
    standard. Note that setting the Replay to use Standard Quality will
    allow you to get over 5 hours on a DVD with little or no loss of
    quality (less wasteful here).

    If you think you still need Medium (which may be a little better on
    shows with a lot of action), you should try both a few times. I tried
    Medium when I first got a Replay, and just found it wasteful.

    >It would be nice if my DVD player would play MPEG2 files. That way I could
    >just copy the Movie to the DVD instead of creating a DVD through Roxio.

    Yes. Of course, those disks would be less portable. You couldn't take
    them to friend's houses.

    >Thanks.

    Note that for awhile I was trying Medium Quality and recording 1-hour
    shows (about 45 minutes per show with commercials removed, PBS shows
    are around 55 minutes). I could never get more than 3 on a DVD. With
    Standard, I get 6 or 7.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."
  38. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    I own Nero 6 and gave up (a while ago) trying to use Nerovision Express, as
    it insisted on re-encoding the video, which I didn't want, didn't need. I
    haven't tried it lately. Is there now an option to force it *not* to
    reencode the video? I've been using TMPGEnc's DVD Author, which doesn't
    reencode the video. In cases where the authored DVD would be too large to
    fit, I DVD2One, which compresses the authored content so it will fit on one
    DVD. I've only had to do this once or twice.

    Also, I always use Medium quality for recordings. I noticed a difference
    between that and Standard on my LCD HDTV which is connected to my RTV using
    the progressive output. I tried High quality and didn't notice enough
    difference, so I went back to medium. Some in this news group have
    complained of audio and video getting out of sync when using Standard
    quality. I'm assuming, since you seem to regularly use Standard quality,
    that this isn't an issue for you? Perhaps I should give it a whirl, since
    I've set up a couple theme channels and could use extra space now.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:39:53 -0500, "T.B."
    > <balfour@NOSPAMgrandecom.net> wrote:
    >

    >>"Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message

    >>option

    >>> MPEG-2 Program Stream. If you're editing a Replay file, that'll be the
    >>> default.
    >>>
    >>> Note that MPEG-1 would be used for a VCD.
    >>>
    >> ok, so I have saved the MPG I am working with in the MPEG-2 Program
    >>Stream format. Now I am trying to burn it with Nero.
    >> do I need to author it now with something like DVDit or the like? or
    >>is ready to straight burn to DVD? Nero doesn't seem to like
    >> the file and is forcing me to do UDF, but still won't let me write it
    >>when I select that format...
    >>

    > This could happen because the file is too large. There seems to be a
    > size limit of around 2GB. DVD authoring will take care of the problem,
    > or if you really wanted a data DVD, you need to split the file. You
    > can do that with MPEG-VCR (or just make it a video DVD).
    >
    > If you want a video DVD, you need to use an authoring program. If you
    > have a recent version of Nero, you can use the "Nerovision Express"
    > program that comes with Nero.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Lloyd
    > has a Replay 5xxx
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >
    > "The idea that there is an invisible being who
    > created and still runs this old universe is so
    > childish, so obviously contrived, that it is hard to
    > believe anyone with even a modicum of education can
    > still fall for that scam."
  39. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:09:56 -0400, "Margaret Wilson"
    <twokatmew@nospam.msn.com> wrote:

    >I own Nero 6 and gave up (a while ago) trying to use Nerovision Express, as
    >it insisted on re-encoding the video, which I didn't want, didn't need. I
    >haven't tried it lately. Is there now an option to force it *not* to
    >reencode the video? I've been using TMPGEnc's DVD Author, which doesn't
    >reencode the video. In cases where the authored DVD would be too large to
    >fit, I DVD2One, which compresses the authored content so it will fit on one
    >DVD. I've only had to do this once or twice.

    In Nerovision Express, if you exceed what will fit on a DVD, you get a
    chance to have the program make it fit. I haven't used that option (I
    don't even use that program, but Ulead which came with a DVD burner I
    bought).

    >Also, I always use Medium quality for recordings. I noticed a difference
    >between that and Standard on my LCD HDTV which is connected to my RTV using
    >the progressive output.

    Neither Medium quality not prgrressive outputs will produce a
    significant improvement unless the source is of high quality. Not all
    TV providers are that good. I guess yours must be better than most.

    I used to think these would provide NO impromenent, but they can some.
    The pixel resolution (352*240, 352*480, 704*480, etc) will have little
    or no effect, but the amount of compression can make a difference,
    particularly with fast movement.

    > I tried High quality and didn't notice enough
    >difference, so I went back to medium. Some in this news group have
    >complained of audio and video getting out of sync when using Standard
    >quality. I'm assuming, since you seem to regularly use Standard quality,
    >that this isn't an issue for you?

    It (the sync problems) happen occaisionally.. I have tried Medium
    Quality since people were saying it would prevent sync problems. It
    made no difference.

    > Perhaps I should give it a whirl, since
    >I've set up a couple theme channels and could use extra space now.

    I have close to 55 theme channels now.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx