Advice on Overclocking FX-8350???

ahthurungnone

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
So, I've got my FX-8350 in and am ready to install and overclock the hell out of it. Any advice based on experience with overclocking these new chips? Besides raising the multiplier and upping the voltage what else should I make certain I address?

Thanks for any help.

What CPU cooler do you have? The FX ange overclocks amazingly, but you need very good cooling.

Overclocking with modern CPUs are generally just increasing CPU multiplier.

It is very important to disable ALL power saving future and anything that could affect the power that gets to your CPU.

What are the rest of your specs???
PSU and MOBO especially???

That cooler will do for a moderate OC on FX. You should increase the CPU voltage, but BEFORE you do that increase the multiplyer untel you can not get into windows. Then increase voltage to find stability.

Then test for atleast half an hour with prime95 while monitoring temps.

Continue this process until you feel temps are getting to high. Then drop a multiplier or two and viola, you have your OC with that cooler.

Then run Prime95 for 12 hours and if any errors occur, either increase voltages or drop multiplier again.

Test again for 12 hours.

llkooljo

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

You, sir are my hero. Simple steps for what seemed to me to be insurmountable complexity (thank the Lord for spellcheck).