Sign in with
Your question

OC through BIOS or through system tools (ET6)

Last response: in Overclocking
November 13, 2012 4:21:39 PM

Hey guys!
Im new at overclocking so i wanted to ask you a question - is it better to overclock using BIOS or easy tune6 (quick boost). As i understand overclocking is always risky and I need to be very careful. And honestly Im a little bit scared off overclocking. So should i use easy tune 6 or its better to overclock through BIOS ? And can you please send me manuals how to overclock through BIOS?

CPU - intel i5-2500K 3.30GHz
MB - gigabyte z68xp-ud3
PSU - Corsair TX750
VGA - asus hd7870

More about : bios system tools et6

a c 129 K Overclocking
November 13, 2012 4:25:44 PM

Easytune is not really true Overclocking at all. When overclocking it is always suggested to do it in the BIOS manually.

BUT before you consider overclocking, do you have an aftermarket cooler or are you using stock??

We do not suggest overclocking without a decent CPU cooler.
November 13, 2012 4:57:43 PM

Im using stock cooler. Can you give any suggestions what cooler i can buy? (not very expensive one)
Related resources
a c 129 K Overclocking
November 13, 2012 6:57:46 PM

If you are on a tight budget then get a Coolermaster hyper 212 evo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This cooler should allow for maybe a 4.8GHZ OC on 2500K, but that is not garanteed.

When you have the cooler please refer back to these forums for a step by step guide. It is quite easy actually, just requires patients.
November 14, 2012 2:43:21 PM

OK, thanks a lot!
and btw what the Easytune does if it isn't really Overclocking?
a c 129 K Overclocking
November 14, 2012 5:55:00 PM

Easytuen is a way of limiting the Power saving functions of these CPU's, giving the illusion that they run faster.

Easytune can not be used to increase performance above specification as overclocking allows.
!