Solved

Quick Networking Help Please

6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about quick networking please
  1. Can I ask why no list of Antec or Cooler Master cases? I would add these few cases to the top of my list...

Antec 902
    Cooler Master RC690 II Advance
    Cooler Master HAF 922
    Antec 900
    Antec 300 Illusion
    Cooler Master RC-690
  2. I didn't add those because all of those are all exactly like the tempest evo. I still like the tempest evo, but I thought the mesh on the front would mean the computer would be noisy.
  3. Mr Subs said:
    I didn't add those because all of those are all exactly like the tempest evo. I still like the tempest evo, but I thought the mesh on the front would mean the computer would be noisy.

The mesh on the front stops the dust. It has no bearing on how noisy a case is. ( In fact the mesh is like a fabric, so it cant really be noisy lol ). Least, for most of those cases. I dont want to checkem all.

I personally recommend a LanCool k-62, very quiet machine with a large amount of airflow because of the large fans ( Bigger fans spinning slow = less noise but move same/more air ). It is also of a tooless design, and installing was a breeze.
  4. Ok I'm probably just gonna go with the Tempest Evo.

Do different modems have a big effect on MMO games like WoW?

Do routers make modems more efficient?

I want to connect this new computer through ethernet. Currently, there are two other computers in this house that won't be used as much, but will still need to use internet simultaneously sometimes. Therefore, I believe I need to get a better modem than the Westell 6100. I suppose I better router would help too. Any suggestions?

We have Verizon dsl.

Thanks,
    Evan
  5. Best answer
    Mr Subs said:
    Ok I'm probably just gonna go with the Tempest Evo.

Do different modems have a big effect on MMO games like WoW?

Do routers make modems more efficient?

I want to connect this new computer through ethernet. Currently, there are two other computers in this house that won't be used as much, but will still need to use internet simultaneously sometimes. Therefore, I believe I need to get a better modem than the Westell 6100. I suppose I better router would help too. Any suggestions?

We have Verizon dsl.

Thanks,
    Evan

THe Modem doesnt matter as long as you have a DSL connection, you will get DSL Speeds for the most part. DsL is already slow ( Incredibly slow, at least by my standards ) Having two other computers on at the same time while trying to game probably will make you lag quite a bit, but it is hard telling.It really depends on what they are doing online, and if they take up a large portion of your connection or not. But upgrading your modem would probably be a moot point at DSL speeds.
  6. Best answer selected by Mr Subs.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cases Silver ATX Systems Product