I need to rectivate xp, AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomperson135

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
recently my computer lost a gb of ram which i removed and when i started my computer it said there was a change in the hardware (im assuming the -1 gb ram) and that i would need to reactivate windows. this would be the third(?) time i've done this on the computer. i chose to active over the phone (i find actvating over the internet more of a hassle) but when i called there was no number in the activaion wizard window to tell the microsoft robot. i restart it. still no number. i went to have the three day trial and still didn't figure it out i called up microsoft helpdesk but they told me i shouldn't of been able to get my computer to run in the first place. (i salvged a old harddrive with the operating system on it and gave it a new motherboard graphics card processor and ram) they said what i would have to do is buy another copy of windows.it never acknowlegded the hardware change when i first built the computer. please help is there anything any one would know how to help short of pirating it? thanks in advance.

cl-scott

Honorable
There's nothing you can do that is short of pirating if you've ruled out buying a new copy, and since software piracy discussions are not allowed on these forums, odds are this thread will be locked shortly.

If Windows is too expensive, you can try Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.