Sign in with
Your question

Is a triple 120mm rad enough?

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2010 11:47:45 AM

Hello, I am building a gaming computer for myself and I have a question about water cooling. I want to get a Feser triple 120mm radiator but im not sure if its enough? I'm cooling i7 920 cpu, x58 classified 3 way motherboard, and ati 5970 gpu in Lian li pc p80 case. Will this one radiator be enough or should I look to put a dual loop using the Feser triple for the gpu and motherboard, and get a single 120mm radiator for the cpu? I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind i'm looking for optimal performance not something that will just be cutting the job. I have no experience with watercooling so I don't really know what to expect out of the radiators you know.. Thanks :) 

More about : triple 120mm rad

February 13, 2010 12:42:40 PM

"Keep in mind i'm looking for optimal performance not something that will just be cutting the job"

Arent some of the better water cooling kits on about equal to the temps with air? Seems like i read an article stating that water cooling isnt much of a benefit. Especially considering the price tag that comes with it. But i maybe wrong.
m
l
!