Hello,
this is prady
my pc conf is as follows:
2.8ghz core 2 duo
2gb ram
win xp sp3
nvidia 9400gt geforce
mother borad intel classic series DG35EC

but i am expriencing slow game play......can you pleaseeeeeee suggest me what to do so that i can play gta4 on high settings....

thanks in advance
14 answers Last reply
More about gta4 high settings nvidia 9400gt geforce graphic card
  1. first of all GTA4 are more CPU intensive games. the more core you have the better. currently the best CPU to play the game is using quad-core one. dual core is the minimum requirement it needs to run if i'm not mistaken. secondly your 9400GT is too week for the game and the same can be said to most recent game. GTA4 is one poor coded games for PC. even GTX285 1GB can't cope the game max setting. depending on your resolution to play the game on smoothly on high setting you're going to need something like GTS250 (1GB ver).
  2. but i have seen it on you tube n it was running on high settings using 9400gt having 2.4ghz core2duo.....how come this s pssble thn?????
  3. Plenty of ways, just go ahead, im sure you could run it at high with some medium perhaps at 1280x720 or so
  4. at what resolution you're playing? on the video what resolution they're using? can you give the frame rates?
  5. it was 1280x768 60htz.....
  6. I think u can play,But at very low settings ,U known GTA4 looks ugly at low resolutions!
  7. a mate had a E6600 @ 3ghz, 4gb and GTX260 and even it had performance issues - works better on my Q6600 @ 3.5, 8gb of ram and my old 8800GT - the game loves high powered quads and mid/high end video cards, not mid range dual cores and low end video cards etc
  8. what should i do now????if i increase my ram from 2 yo 4gb will it improves the game????should i buy nvidia 9600gt?????
  9. Hey, i have
    dual core e5200 @3.2ghz
    4gb ram
    512mb gts 250
    will b able to run @ 1600x900? I just need playable fps at that resulation. Will i be able to run?
    Thanks
  10. hey dude this is aashish from jodhpur i can suggest one thing.If you want to run gta 4 on high graphics icrease ur ram to 4 gb and u can also change ur procssor to i3
  11. hi...,
    my pc congfigaration is as follows:
    4 gb ram
    i7 core processor intel
    1 gb 9400gt graphic card and windows 7 ultimate
    but gta 4 still lages on my pc ...please give a solution????
  12. ^^^

That's easy...

Buy a more powerful video card.
  13. pradyumna said:
    Hello,
    this is prady
    my pc conf is as follows:
    2.8ghz core 2 duo
    2gb ram
    win xp sp3
    nvidia 9400gt geforce
    mother borad intel classic series DG35EC

but i am expriencing slow game play......can you pleaseeeeeee suggest me what to do so that i can play gta4 on high settings....

thanks in advance

answer..............press right mouse button on desktop then click on nvidia control panel and manage 3d setting ....... Then turn anisotrophic filtering off...............
    And set antialising transparency to multi sampling
    anti alising seting to 2x
    texture filtering quality high
    texture filtering trilinear
    optimization on
    texture filtering -negative LOD to allow
    thread optimization on
    vertical sync&triple buffering on
    THEN APPLY THESE SETTING
    then start gta4 game and go to graphics
    texture quality high
    rendering quality high